PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

budha
Tue, Nov-09-04, 09:54
This is my first post. Long story short, I just started with low carb (well, I've been eating like that on and off anyway, but now I'm really trying to loose some more weight so I'm very strict: no bread, no pasta, no rice, no sugar etc. NO CHEATING THIS TIME!). I was 265 lbs about 10 mths ago then lost about 22 lbs, and now I'm at 243 trying to go down to 200. I'm 5'11'' and very active, lifting weights, walking 60 minutes a day (used to run as well but now it's too damn cold here :D ) and chasing my dog and two kids. Any advice about eating and how to stop/prevent night cravings is more than wellcome. My main problem right now is beer...love beer...ADORE BEER! What can I do about it? Is beer realy that bad? Please say it's not :D

Cheers!

Kristine
Tue, Nov-09-04, 10:01
Hi Budha. I'm a beer fan, too. In fact, I'm a homebrewer!

Are those night cravings happening because you're genuinely hungry, or more habit? I think we all want to unwind by vegging out in front of the TV with a bowl of something. If you're genuinely hungry, eat. Just keep it legal. :thup: Also be sure you're eating enough during the day.

Many people swear by glutamine as a helpful way to prevent cravings. It seems to work for me. I recommend buying the powder and mixing it into drinks - that's far cheaper than buying it in pill form.

As for the beer... LC beer, though pretty boring, is better than nothing. As long as you don't overdo it and it doesn't inhibit your judgement and lead to cheating ;) , you'll probably be able to have it in moderation and still lose. :thup:

Good luck!

bob2112
Tue, Nov-09-04, 10:05
Welcome to the forums.

Jazzylyn
Tue, Nov-09-04, 14:15
Hello and welcome to the forums! :wave:

eric909
Tue, Nov-09-04, 17:23
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

4beans4me
Tue, Nov-09-04, 19:19