PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Tuna Dip

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ruth
Sat, Sep-29-01, 00:33
Smoked Tuna Dip

Use as a dip with crisp vegetables/pork rinds. Also good served in rolled lettuce leaves.

8oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup mayo
3 - 8oz or 4 - 6 oz cans drained tuna
2 capfuls of liquid smoke

Mix cream cheese & mayo together, add liquid smoke then tuna.
Stir well and enjoy.

Tips: soften cream cheese quickly by placing entire unopened package in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes.

Find liquid smoke either with flavourings (vanilla) or with BBQ and hot sauces (that's where it is in my local stores)

** I found this recipe buried in the middle of a thread, made a quick note of it but don't know who posted it ** I take no credit for this little recipe. I really enjoy it once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Ruth

debbiedobson
Sat, Sep-29-01, 15:23
ruth, this sounds wonderful and i have all the ingredients in the house! i love liquid smoke!

Ruth
Sat, Sep-29-01, 16:32
That's the beauty of it, basic low carb stuff we all have. Once one has liquid smoke in the cupboard! *LOL*

Ruth