PDA

View Full Version : Urine Colour

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Homegirl
Fri, Sep-28-01, 23:54
I have to ask this.

Has anyone else noticed that the colour of their urine is very yellow--quite dark--even when drinking up to 6 litres of water on a daily basis?

Or is it just me?

Sarlye
Sat, Sep-29-01, 00:00
Don't worry, you are not alone. I think its part of the process. I am sure someone will give you a more technical answer.

Just keep drinking the water. :wave:

doreen T
Sat, Sep-29-01, 00:04
Are you taking vitamin supplements?? Beta carotene, and some of the B vitamins can dye the urine dark yellow or orange even. Even some dark green veggies can darken the urine too. If you're eating a lot of processed meats .. bacon, ham, pastram, sausages ... these often contain erythorbate, a natural reddish dye.

Unless you're having symptoms of an infection, including pain and fever .. then I'm sure it's benign.

Doreen

Homegirl
Sat, Sep-29-01, 00:23
No supplements and don't eat any processed meats except bacon and sometimes Bratwurst breakfast sausages (because they only have 1.1g carbs per two links). But perhaps, as you said, it is the bacon? But I don't eat it every day and my urine is quite dark.

But I don't feel unwell or anything it's just that I've noticed this change and though it might have something to do with the change in diet over a period of time.

giggles
Sun, Sep-30-01, 16:09
More often than not, mine is really cloudy. And the color is almost flourescent greenish yellow. Weird, I know! :daze:

Soon2BSlim
Sun, Sep-30-01, 19:26
About 3 days after I started, I looked and noticed my urine is

:eek: :eek: :eek: HIGHLIGHTER FLOURESCENT YELLOW!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Haha...it's still like that now. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

But if it does really worry you, talking with you doc is always a good thing. :) Just ask him/her what he/she thinks.

Cheers