PDA

View Full Version : Hi! ---a Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cab54
Fri, Nov-05-04, 16:25
Hubby and I tried Atkins before, but really didn't give it long enough. This would be our second try, as dh has been intstructed by his doctor to follow Atkins for a pre-diabetic condition. Also, Hi BP, and obesity. I am also 50 or more pounds overweight.

We've been at this going on 4 weeks and are loving it this time around. He's lost 15# and I've lost 4#. For a menopausal woman of 50, that's not bad. Anything going in the downward direction is good! :D

I bought 'Atkins Diabetic Revolution' for added info. I am thinking about gradually trying to bring my carb-addicted younger son (at college) into Atkins 'awareness'. He will be in the same boat as his dad and I if he continues on through life eating mac and cheese all the time --and mashed potatoes. :nono:

Glad to find this forum!

*Christy*
Fri, Nov-05-04, 16:29
Hi Cab,

I just wanted to say Welcome to the forums! I have been doing Atkins (2nd time around also) for almost 4 weeks as well. It looks like we had the same plan around the same time...lol. For me this forum is a life saver. I got discouraged last time and the first time I cheated I just gave up all together. This time I have had a couple of bumbles but the wonderful people here have helped me to get back on the wagon so to speak.

Keep up the good work!
~Christy~

Talla
Fri, Nov-05-04, 16:31
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!

luckyme
Fri, Nov-05-04, 16:35
Welcome to the board! I am new too, and love it here! Lots of support, ideas, and recipes here. I too am trying to get my kids to quit eating mac and cheese and bad carbs too. Again..welcome! Rita

jaimejo
Fri, Nov-05-04, 16:36
Welcome to the forum. :)

4beans4me
Fri, Nov-05-04, 19:23
Hello and welcome! :wave:

bob2112
Fri, Nov-05-04, 19:35
Welcome to the forums.

Jazzylyn
Sat, Nov-06-04, 05:42
Hello and welcome to the forums! Hang in there and you will succeed :) :wave:

cab54
Sat, Nov-06-04, 12:13
Thanks to all for the welcome! I'm amazed how much easier this is when you apply a little creativity (not TOO much). :lol:

Like yesterday, I was out doing errands and hadn't eaten much for bkfst. I pulled into Wendy's thinking 'didn't they used to have some kind of chicken salad?' They had a chicken BLT salad, only it came with honey-mustard dressing. ;) I kindly asked for something else--they had Bleu cheese, and I had a nice lunch and didn't have to go to the grocery store hungry! I was thinking that I would be in my car, trying to take hamburg patties off the bun and eat them with my fingers! :D

Even though I've only come down 4# on the scale, I can feel an amazing difference (this happened right away!) in my belly, waist region, and clothes are getting looser FAST. :yay: I also walk my dog almost every day,about two-three miles, and do some balance ball tapes for strength, and core work.

eric909
Sun, Nov-07-04, 00:02
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

jun keater
Sun, Nov-07-04, 06:09
http://tinypic.com/e381l Welcome aboard! It's great to have you here. Before you know it you won't be able to start your day without checking in to this place :lol: I see that you haven't started a journal http://tinypic.com/dxra0 - please take my advice and start one NOW! Check out mine - it's a good example of WHAT NOT TO DO! I didn't start one a year ago. Good luck on your journey!