PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ladygolf
Thu, Nov-04-04, 22:11
Hi,

Well, I started again, for the millionth time. Today, I started a low carb using the Atkins method. I am really going to stick with it and hopefully loose 10 lbs by this time next week or at least 8 lbs. I do exercise so I should be good. Let me tell you, anybody out there if what I consumed today is putting me on the right track. Thanks.
Breakfast: cheese omelet with onions, mushrooms, and chip steak
Black decaf coffee, water

Lunch: small can of tuna fish in water, 1 can of spinach and 1/4 cheese

Dinner: roasted turkey, about 2 slices, 1 c frozen mixed vegetables [no corn or potatoes], 1/4 c cheese.
Black decaf coffee.

I want to stay in the 1000 caloric range for the next 2-weeks.

Any words of advice?

ladygolf

kiwigal
Thu, Nov-04-04, 23:35
Welcome to the forum for a start!! :) ...your food sounds fine...BUT you may be being a little adventurous hoping to lose 10 pounds in a week...we'd all love you to, but you don't want to set yourself up for failure!!! slow and steady wins the race :wave:

MissScruff
Fri, Nov-05-04, 02:38
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Everyone looses at a different pace! And those pounds will come off, but one thing I learned fast when I began low carbing was that the measuring tape and the fit of my clothes told much more than the scales have! Be careful about setting yourself up for goals that may be hard to reach because it may make low carbing hard to stay with long enough for you to reap the big benefits of entering a new way of eating for life...I am hooked for life to it and am discovering (thanks to my low carbing friends) creative ways to enjoy foods with the most incredible flavors! Like tonight, I made Protein Balls that were recommended by a dear friend, and to be honest, when I was mixing them up I kept thinking there was no way I was going to eat these things because they look absolutely gross! I even PM'd her and asked if I surely had to bake them and she said NO! And I said ok...and put them in the frig just as she told me to! Well, after watching a movie with my husband, I went to the kitchen and tried one and all I can say is WOW! They are wonderful! I think I will put less cocoa in them next time, and maybe roll them in walnut flour! :yum: Sorry, I tend to ramble! And I hope I haven't offended you by what I have said because low carbing is not a quick fix...it is a lifetime commitment to eating as close to natural as one can possibly get in order to be healthy and to get rid of the fats that all that processed crud helped put on our bodies! Best of luck! Check out www.atkins.com for info and I have pasted the info for Induction and OWL on page 4 of my Journal or around about that page!

bob2112
Fri, Nov-05-04, 03:05
Welcome aboard, Ladygolf.

Jazzylyn
Fri, Nov-05-04, 03:10
Hello and welcome to the forums! :wave:

4beans4me
Fri, Nov-05-04, 19:15
Welcome to the forums, and best of luck! :wave: