PDA

View Full Version : Ketosis & Weight Gain?!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

potomacnan
Thu, Nov-04-04, 21:32
I have been in Ketosis for 3 weeks. I initially lost 7 pounds, hit a plateau, got through TOM and weighed for the first time in a week. The scale showed that I am 3 pounds heavier. I am SO frustrated! Is it possible to gain weight in Ketosis? :help: :help: :help:

kiwigal
Thu, Nov-04-04, 23:32
Do not panic!!! easier said than done i know!! But your weight gain may just be perhaps..water retention, IF you've been eating lots of salty foods lately!
[just a thought]
But whats the tape measure doing?...maybe your losing inches?
Might be a good idea to open a journal or post a typical couple of days food, so we can have a look at whats going on.
Hang in there tho..I'm sure others will tell you that its quite common to hit a stall at the 3 week mark before things start moving again!
Good luck! :wave:

potomacnan
Fri, Nov-05-04, 08:23
Hi Kiwigal! Thank u SO MUCH for your words of encouragement! I have not done any measurements, I know I should. I go by the way my clothes fit, and there is very little change. I know that I should be exercising more, so I will step it up a bit. Oh yes, I will not add any extra salt as well. Have you ever heard of anyone being in Ketosis for 3 weeks and gained?
Btw, way to go with your successful journey!!!

kiwigal
Sat, Nov-06-04, 05:14
Im sure there's someone on this forum with a sorry tale!!..what about opening that journal?!?! :)