PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Cranberry Scones (Carbquick)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

4beans4me
Thu, Nov-04-04, 20:51
I adapted an older pumpkin scone recipe I had to this LC version. I received my first box of CQ in the mail today and tried these first. They turned out excellent, very moist. Not a sweet dessert type scone, but excellent with a dollop of whipped cream and a hot mug of coffee. http://images.lowcarbfriends.com/lcf/bbs/images/smilies/cool1.gif

Pumpkin Cranberry Scones

2 cups Carbquick
1 Tbs butter
2 packets of Splenda (or more if you would like them sweeter, original recipe called for 1 Tbs sugar)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin, cold
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbs heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh cranberries, halved

Heat oven to 425.
Cut butter into Carbquick, add the Splenda, pumpkin, egg, and cream. Incorporate the ingredients well, but do not over mix. Gently fold in cranberries. Shape dough into 10 balls, place on a buttered cookie sheet, and press down gently, smoothing the outer edges. Brush tops with additional heavy cream if desired.
Bake on middle rack for 10-15 minutes.

Serve warm with butter and/or whipped cream.

Yield: 10 scones
4 net carbs each
10 fiber

http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/scone.jpg

mammac-5
Fri, Nov-05-04, 09:12
Thanks for sharing this.

rpavich
Sun, Dec-12-04, 05:48
I have to say that these are becoming a staple in my house....they are great...one problem though...they are so good I think I gained a pound or two while neglecting a more sensible breakfast.

I've got a batch of chocolate chunk ones in right now...

bob

4beans4me
Sun, Dec-12-04, 08:41
Oh boy, be warned, if you loved the cranberry one's, you are going to be in HEAVEN with the choc chunk one's. :lol::yum:

rpavich
Sun, Dec-12-04, 10:06
Beans,
As I was typing the other message I had planned to try the chocolate ones....you're right...they're trouble!!! Soo good....

I wish all of my carbquik recipes came out that good....

I'm thinking that this recipe would make good bisquits....the normal carbquik recipe doesn't...lol...

bob

bajangrl32
Sun, Dec-12-04, 18:10
Ok my gosh why did I find this recipe. I absolutely love scones and usually treat myself to an orange-cranberry at the Whole Food Market every 3 months :yum: . Hmmmn, Beans you need to stop with this awesome recipes.

I will definitely celebrate Xmas morning with one of these scones. Now I need to find the Carbquick?