PDA

View Full Version : New Member/Just Started South Beach induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shannongtk
Thu, Nov-04-04, 18:57
Hello! I am new to this forum and to the low-carb lifestyle. I am an almost 43 year old female......who ballooned from a comfortable size 12 (been there for almost 30 years) to a 16 in about a year's time and I don't like it at all! I started dieting by counting calories last Spring, but my mother got sick and I quit counting and didn't gain or lose a pound. She passed away in September and I am finally ready to take care of myself again........

I have three kids, a great husband........but they are all thin!!!!! Dh has read the South Beach book (parts) and agrees this is a healthful way to eat and he is planning to jump right into phase III (since he need not lose an OUNCE)......so, I DO have support on the homefront. My kids can't believe I'm not eating candy and bread........

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Shannon

Jaana100
Thu, Nov-04-04, 19:34
Hi Shannon and welcome aboard.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss - I am on Atkins myself but there is lots of information available here for South Beach and others as well.
I think this is a GREAT step that you have taken - we somehow forget to take care of "us" too often.. Good Luck to you!:)

4beans4me
Thu, Nov-04-04, 21:54
Welcome to the forums Shannon! Best of luck! :wave:

Jazzylyn
Fri, Nov-05-04, 03:14
Hi Shannon and welcome to the forums! It's great to have you here! :wave:

zedneser
Fri, Nov-05-04, 07:46
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/62812welcome.gif
Best of luck to you!

bob2112
Fri, Nov-05-04, 08:18
Welcome to the forums.

black57
Fri, Nov-05-04, 08:30
Shannon, you are also at that age for perimenopause which will cause weight gain also. I do believe that low carb is a healthy lifestyle once you cut through all the media hype. I have been doing Atkins for nearly 2 years and I have been very successful. I have yet to get to my goal weight but my way of eating is at goal. Like you, Shannon, my family is very supportive. My husband is not a low carber but he is carb-aware. Last week we ate at Denny's. Hubby ordered fried fish. It came with french fries, cole slaw and bread. He complained to the waiter that the bread was not necessary with all the other carby stuff. He is a big bread eater but he refused to eat it.

Enjoy this way of eating, :yum:
Black57

shannongtk
Sun, Nov-07-04, 10:44
Thanks for the great welcomes! Five days and still going!

Shannon

AFwife
Sun, Nov-07-04, 11:24
http://www.tonitags.co.uk/images/welcome9.gif