PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cathy R.
Thu, Nov-04-04, 14:58
I have been on the Atkins plan since August of this year. I love it!! My goal was to lose a total of 15 pounds. I went through induction and began slowly re-introducing good carbs back into my daily eating plan. I try to stay within 25 - 30 carbs per day. I'm stuck at 10 pounds and can't get beyond it. How can I get unstuck without going through the induction again?

I am very concience about what I eat and I am working out..there must be something that I'm doing wrong, but I don't know what it is. It's getting very frustrating!! HELP!

krazzybird
Thu, Nov-04-04, 16:00
Cathy -

Welcome aboard! I am just re-starting atkins, but I remember hitting stalls last time around, and these are a few of the things that helped get me moving again:

1) Drink LOTS of water
2) Get rid of sugar substitutes (not everyone is affected by them, I am)
3) Be Patient .. we ALL hit stalls, body is going through changes, sometimes
your body needs a "rest"...
4) Track your daily menus/etc on Fitday.com (some days I was eating way over 40 carbs a day and didn't even realize it...)
5) Feel free to vent to the forum - everyone here is great! :)

Good luck!!

MissScruff
Thu, Nov-04-04, 17:18
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

bob2112
Thu, Nov-04-04, 17:24
Welcome aboard and best wishes as you move forward.