PDA

View Full Version : I want to know??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jprumers2
Thu, Nov-04-04, 14:51
I have to ask because now that I am serious about my LC eating habits...
Does anyone else always feel like there TOM..... is interfering with everything. I absolutly hate it it lasts for like 7 days I do not want to excercise at that time, I am weak hungry all the time and I feel like a whale...
I do not want to be whiny but man it throws me off every month I feel like my excercise schedule is toast and that I am probably gaining weight...
How can I overcome this? I am not going off my LC I just feel like I am not getting anywhere.... I swear half the month I spend dealing with it... The mood swings the food cravings the lack of energy I mean it is just no fun

ANY SUGGESTIONS ?? :o

cs_carver
Thu, Nov-04-04, 15:08
New book in my library--Consciously Female, by Tracy Gaudet--might provide some insight. So might anything by Christine Northrup. You're too young to be hating 1/4 of your life. There are a lot of things that can possibly help to adjust the difficulties, but the biggest factor is to allow that this IS, rather than this is WRONG.

Good luck.

Kristine
Thu, Nov-04-04, 15:18
Hi. :wave: Do you mean that you've only felt this way since starting low carb? If so, it's normal for your hormones to be a little buggy for the first few cycles.

For what it's worth, I've noticed a huge improvement in my PMS since LCing, and any time I stray away, it comes back. So stick to LC and you might notice a difference. :thup:

Good luck!

EmmaB
Thu, Nov-04-04, 16:32
Consider taking Evening Primrose Oil as a supplement. I find it helps a lot with PMS and sore breasts. Of course it won't make everything hunky-dory but it can make it a bit more bearable.

Em

Dewi
Thu, Nov-04-04, 16:43
Hello,

I too felt lazy & unmotivated with my TOM this week. I also dont think the weather and the early sunsets help much. :yawn:

I hope I am better next week. :help:
But generally I feel peppy while on the WOL. :hyper:

Dewi

jprumers2
Thu, Nov-04-04, 17:07
Well thank you all for you r help........ I know next week I wil be back to normal.... I usually feel energetic too it is just not fare hehe

mammac-5
Thu, Nov-04-04, 18:34
I know what you mean...it's my week, too. Sucks. But it is better than it used to be before LC, so I guess I'll take what I can get!

The motivation is tough to come by, especially when I see the scale way up the way it's been this week. I KNOW it's just from my period, but it still stinks.

This too shall pass!!

florida_r
Fri, Nov-05-04, 17:00
A couple of things:

Do you drink caffeine? This can make that TOM worse.

Drink a lot of water. I find this helps.

Also, exercise is suppose to help with TOM. Maybe if just a little walk a day.

Good luck!