PDA

View Full Version : New to Group but not Low Carbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LynnCarol
Thu, Nov-04-04, 13:43
Hi y'all,
As directed, I'm introducing myself. I'm 54 annd am restarting the LC WOL. Have always been thin (5'7" 155-120) until I had to take massive doses of steriods for mulltiple sclerosis. Then had back surgery. Well, I ballooned up to 250 and feel I look grotesque. Fortunately, my DH doesn't. Was doing pretty well on Atkins, and got down to about 199 or so,, amybe more. Don't have a scale, but had gotten down to about a 16 - I was beginning to see the light! Then we moved to Louisville, KY and had to stay with a niece of DH's. They ate so much fried food and huge dinners - it's no wonder there are so many fat people here!

Well, I'm now around 245 with a long way to go. Just hate myself this way. Wish I didn't, but being thin has been so deeply ingrained with me via my family, that no matter how hard I try, every time I see myself in the mirror, I just want to cry. Anyway, we now have our own place, so I can start the low carb way again.

Pleased to meet y'all......
Lynn

Crone
Thu, Nov-04-04, 13:45
Welcome, Lynn! You'll find this a safe place, and chock full of info and good people!

Jazzylyn
Thu, Nov-04-04, 13:49
Hi Lynn and welcome! We'll be right here to help support you through this! Lots of great supportive people here too! :wave:

krazzybird
Thu, Nov-04-04, 13:53
Hi Lynn -

You've made the right choice joining the forum... everyone here is very supportive and helpful. I understand the whole weight gain while living with family... I have been living with my parents (while house is in construction) and managed to go from strict Low carb to all carbs!! And yes, I packed on the pounds - finally kicked myself into low carb again last week. So, you aren't the only one - feel free to bend my ear ;)

Good luck and see you around forum...

MissScruff
Thu, Nov-04-04, 17:25
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Steroids sure helped me all the way up to 302 pounds. I have asthma and spent two years in and out of the hospital so was kept on high doses of the blasted stuff.