PDA

View Full Version : Someone turn me around and kick my butt!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NWatson
Thu, Nov-04-04, 13:00
Please!

I fell off the wagon!!!!!!

I can't really understand why. I always thought I was one to eat when I was upset, depressed, or some other negetive emotion. But, right now...I've been feeling great, just recently reconnected with one of my best friends, getting along good with the dh...etc.

And all of a sudden, here I am to tell you that I ate chocolate pudding, jello, fritos, powdered doughnuts, two bean burritos....all since last night! I just totally lost it!

I knew I was getting a bit bored with what I'd been eating, but it was like once I had 'ruined' it in my eyes, my brain thought I might as well go for it really good!

It's a little scary, because I'm not even mad at myself....but I do know that it was a mistake. I feel sick! And, the thing is, none of it tasted as good as I thought it would.

I'm not nearly as strong willed as I thought I was, I guess.

But...it's done. And whining about it won't change it, so now I just have to get back on track. I'm starting over.

Blah at me!

Nonnie

AFwife
Thu, Nov-04-04, 13:13
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=218002

Hey girl, why don't you join me in this challenge.

I'm going through the same thing and thought of this challenge to keep me motivated.

It may not be along the lines of what you are looking for, but every little bit helps right.

Crone
Thu, Nov-04-04, 13:42
You did it, you admit it, you know it was not good for you, so you dust yourself off and start over. This binge was less than 24 hours in length; now if it were a week or a month long, we'd gladly kick your butt! But less than 24 hours? That isn't falling off the wagon; that's just leaning way out over the edge for the thrill. You've had your thrill, now get back where you belong! :D

Edited to say all the above was said in good humor, not in a critical way! My sense of humor gets me in trouble sometimes. ;)

*Christy*
Thu, Nov-04-04, 14:34
I did the same thing with 1/2 a cheese sandwich on regular bread,sugar cookies, and 4 pieces of Halloween candy yesterday. I felt awful afterwards, both physically and mentally. Nothing was as good as I expected it to be so I just kept grazing on the junk until I felt ill. Hey, I did wash it down with diet coke though....lol.

I checked today and I am still in ketosis - AMAZINGLY! I started induction again today (although I never really moved forward to begin with but was looking forward to some Atkins pancake mix-which I will hold off on for another two weeks).

Just pick yourself up and dont beat yourself up to much. It's a new day.

Good luck to you!

Kristine
Thu, Nov-04-04, 15:13
Someone turn me around and kick my butt!

Okay... http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/5701buttkick.gif

Just kidding. :rose: :rheart: I couldn't resist, since the title of your thread matched that smiley. It sounds like you're doing fine again already. I find *happy* times just as tempting, if not more tempting, than sad/emotional times.

Good luck; hang in there... it's a rough time of year for everybody.

kiwigal
Thu, Nov-04-04, 23:24
Now...on a practical note!!! about those donuts that you wrapped your chops around!!...Check out the recipes..under breakfast ideas and you'll find a REALLY GREAT and EASY recipe for protein powder donuts!!!..They have passed the taste test SEVERAL times now in this household :thup:

New day today anyway..as has already been said and you'll be a good girl now wont ya?!!! ;)

nikkil
Fri, Nov-05-04, 11:56
I'm still struggling with the mentality you described -- "well, in for a penny, in for a pound" -- if I have a cheat, I end up going whole hog and pigging out on anything and everything HC for the rest of the day! It's scary, tho, because that one day ends up being 2, 3, 4, 5 days over time....

I feel for you and know where you're coming from! All you can do is what others have already said -- put it behind you and get right back at low-carbing. After even one LC meal you will feel back in control and get right back into it. Watch out because you MIGHT go thru some withdrawal cravings again. Get past those and you're GOLD!!!

Take care!

florida_r
Fri, Nov-05-04, 16:36
So how are you doing today?

lasert
Sat, Nov-06-04, 12:49
because from time to time I have thought 'evil' thoughts about how good a donut might taste or a pizza the way I used to get them.
I've been feeling terrible with stomach issues for almost a month (see my journal if need be) and have eaten practically nothing most days for a long time.
I mean nothing, like 1 or 2 Atkins shakes and some scrambled eggs periodf for a whole day.
Anyways, yesterday after going all day on just 1 Atkins shake, I stopped on the way home from a college basketball game at a famous hot dog eatery and gave in and ate 1 chili dog with sauerkraut. Yum, it was delicious. I ate only one, had plain water with it, and fretted the rest of the drive home about how I had really gone off the diet.
When i logged into FitDay, my personal at home version, I discovered I had eaten the following totals for yesterday: 733 calories and 66 carbs!
So, if I blew the diet a bit carb-wise, I certainly didn't overdue it altogether. I felt much better about it all this morning and have even considered getting a couple of fancy hot dogs, two inidividual hot dog rolls, and doing it again with my own special beanless chili next week!

NWatson
Sat, Nov-06-04, 22:29
Thanks everyone! I'm doing better. I did feel like crap most of the time for the past two days.....it's true about the hangover feeling. Not that I doubted it, but I was shocked to find out that it's almost like I went out and got stinking drunk. lol

Had to fight the cravings for just a little while, but not too bad, so I survived it. I'm starting over with Induction..even though it was a short slip. I just want to 'cleanse', so to speak, and go from there.

I've had a headache! I felt sick at my stomach. Now, does that not tell you that those foods are bad for you, or what? Say I don't eat meat for a few months...when I do eat it again, it doesn't make me feel sick. For me, it says a lot about what's all in those foods that maybe our bodies are just not supposed to have. Kind of scary, if you really think about it. lol

Anyway...thanks to all!!!! :bhug:

Nonnie

eskimissy
Sat, Nov-06-04, 22:38
I recently went on a total binge and gained five pounds. Now I'm back on track and it's so hard cutting the cravings after having such a massive binge....garlic bread, pizza, donuts, candy, apple pie, burgers,....blah, the list goes on!!! I felt horrible when I weighed myself. I didn't want to, but I knew I had to. The scale always kicks my a$$ into shape. I saw it go up and I know not to let myself gain more than five pounds.

Today I went back on induction and exercised. I feel a little more chunky, :lol: but I know if I stick to it, it'll come off plus some!

Good luck! We're all in this together :D

Stay strong !

black57
Sun, Nov-07-04, 10:24
Please!

I fell off the wagon!!!!!!

I can't really understand why. I always thought I was one to eat when I was upset, depressed, or some other negetive emotion. But, right now...I've been feeling great, just recently reconnected with one of my best friends, getting along good with the dh...etc.

And all of a sudden, here I am to tell you that I ate chocolate pudding, jello, fritos, powdered doughnuts, two bean burritos....all since last night! I just totally lost it!

I knew I was getting a bit bored with what I'd been eating, but it was like once I had 'ruined' it in my eyes, my brain thought I might as well go for it really good!

It's a little scary, because I'm not even mad at myself....but I do know that it was a mistake. I feel sick! And, the thing is, none of it tasted as good as I thought it would.

I'm not nearly as strong willed as I thought I was, I guess.

But...it's done. And whining about it won't change it, so now I just have to get back on track. I'm starting over.

Blah at me!

Nonnie

When I gained weight 10 years ago it was from being happy. All is right with the world and food is part of the world. Get back on track, stay happy, :agree: and enjoy foods that won't discourage your success.

Easier said than done. But your experience is understandable.