PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself as "carsie"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carsie
Wed, Nov-03-04, 19:15
Hi This is my first message and I have no idea what I am doing. Not only am I new to low carbing, I am also new to computers! What, first off, is Threading?: I am not totally new to low carbing as I do try and follow Suzanne Sommers diet plan and it does seem to work for me but I would like to know more about Karen's counting of carbs. I am signed up for one of her cooking classes in |West Vancouver so am hoping to learn lots more then. :wave:

tofi
Wed, Nov-03-04, 20:02
Hello Carsie and welcome. A "thread" is a string of posts on one topic. The first post sets the title of the thread and people answer or discuss or ask questions.

As to plans, go up to the top of this page, and click on the word Plans in the green stripe (there are 2 green stripes). You'll find a page that compares lots of plans and that will help you decide which is for you.

For Atkins, go to www.atkins.com and click on "How to Do Atkins" for lots of information.

Best wishes.

TarHeel
Wed, Nov-03-04, 20:07
You sound a lot like me when I first joined. I had no idea what a thread was. But it turned out it didn't really matter....and I've learned a lot along the way about both lc eating and finding my way around a forum. So don't be intimidated by the technical stuff... there are always folks here to help.

Kay

zedneser
Wed, Nov-03-04, 20:49
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/62812welcome.gif

Jazzylyn
Thu, Nov-04-04, 03:12
Welcome to the forums! You will do fine. Just keep surfing and clicking and eventually you'll find what you're looking for. Welcome to a new WOL! :wave:

kiwigal
Thu, Nov-04-04, 04:01
Hello and Welcome

bob2112
Thu, Nov-04-04, 05:14
Welcome aboard.

4beans4me
Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:54
Hello and welcome! :wave:

AFwife
Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:56
Welcome aboard. :)

MissScruff
Thu, Nov-04-04, 17:32
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Jaana100
Thu, Nov-04-04, 19:32
Hi and welcome! Take your time learning your way around here by going all over.. You will find LOTS to learn and GREAT people!:)

lynn1968
Fri, Nov-05-04, 15:13
Hi, there is lots of good information here and lots of great people, you will do great. Welcome and Good Luck

florida_r
Fri, Nov-05-04, 15:34
:bhug: Welcome!