PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lisaissa
Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:40
Hi everyone,
Today is the beginning of a new life for me. I did Atkins about 4 years ago and lost about 30lbs. I was happy and felt really good about myself then. I also had a new wardrobe. Now I have put back on the weight plus some. I know that part of the weight is also because of beign pregnant but now 10 months later, and I need to take it off. This morning I checked and I am now 171lbs and for my5' frame this is a lot of weight. So I am committing myself to this diet like I have never done before. I have read numerous success stories and I hope that some day I will also be a success story. Also I plan to start my journal today so I hope to keep sharing with you all. Thanks for being here.

Lisa
5"
175/171/115
Starting 01/11/04

Crone
Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:47
Welcome, Lisa! You'll find this site very helpful, with lots of good folks to give you encouragement! Celebrate the upcoming changes in your life!

krazzybird
Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:48
Hi Lisa -

Welcome Aboard! I share your pain of reputting on the weight ... I also did atkins , then wandered away from the low carb lifestyle .. and found my way back after I put on WAY too much weight ( 50 lbs - ick). I just restarted low carb last week - and looks like there are others on the forum who have also recently "re-started" - so there are a bunch of us who know what we need to do, just need some help staying on track.

Congrats on making the decision to get healthy again :) And Congrats on the new baby!!

See you around the forum...

cathy44
Mon, Nov-01-04, 15:15
Hi Lisa... WELCOME... this forum has been wonderful for me... I've met alot of great people.. you'll enjoy it!!! Good Luck!!!

cathy

Talla
Mon, Nov-01-04, 15:46
Good luck!!! You can do this!!

4beans4me
Mon, Nov-01-04, 17:15
Hello and welcome Lisa! :wave:

bob2112
Mon, Nov-01-04, 17:52
Welcome aboard, Lisa.

niaha
Mon, Nov-01-04, 18:09
Welcome Lisa...cool name..(mine also) welcome back to the lifestyle change.

MissScruff
Mon, Nov-01-04, 20:54
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

lisaissa
Tue, Nov-02-04, 06:41
Thank you all for the welcome and encouragement. I know this time I am sticking to this diet. So far so good.