PDA

View Full Version : Hi, mom of 3 with new baby here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

medialady
Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:26
:) Hi I am new to the forum. I was googling low carb reciepes and came across this site.

I just had a baby several weeks ago. I was about 20 lbs overweight and added another 60 or so during the preg. My goal is around 125.

I was following lc /atkins strickly after the baby was born and only lost a couple of lbs. Needless to say I was pretty upset.

I just started excercising and I am up to 15 min on the treadmill at 2.5 mph. Hopefully I can increase my metabolism a bit.

My biggest challange right now is not putting skim milk in my coffee in the morning.

I also have a HUGE lower stomach fat area that I HOPE will go away soon.

Looking forward to browsing and posting on this forum!

4beans4me
Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:31
Hello and welcome! :wave:

How about enjoying half and half or heavy cream in your coffee? :yum:

krazzybird
Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:56
MediaLady -

Welcome aboard ! This forum is wonderful... full of great tips, and wonderful people. If you have a question, just post it.. no question is too silly .. better to ask and know then to proceed with the wrong info.

As far as the coffee issue goes... I love half/half in mine, and sometimes I even do heavy cream :yum:

Congrats on the new baby !! See you around the forum.

triplemom
Mon, Nov-01-04, 10:03
Congrats on the baby! I dusted off my treadmill this weekend and am trying to build up some time. By the way, I always use half-n-half in my coffee - I don't even sweeten with anything anymore. Just the cream and coffee! Good luck to you.

MissScruff
Mon, Nov-01-04, 20:57
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Congrats on the baby!

bob2112
Mon, Nov-01-04, 21:37
Welcome aboard.

Jazzylyn
Tue, Nov-02-04, 03:15
Congrats on the new baby! I always use heavy cream in my coffee...I kinda get cranky if I run out..lol..Anyway, welcome to the forums :)

medialady
Tue, Nov-02-04, 09:27
Thanks everyone!