PDA

View Full Version : CONFUSED Interval training question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Janette360
Fri, Oct-29-04, 13:42
I do interval training for a hour twice a week (this is in addition to cardio and weights the rest of the week) would I eat before this. It is intense bursts of cardio then weights in between. There is so much info on this it has left me a bit confused. I would like to burn fat the best I can during this workout.

Janette360
Sun, Oct-31-04, 15:07
Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Da Rosa
Sun, Oct-31-04, 15:30
Body for Life sais to not eat 2 hours before and an hour after for best results. If you do this i the AM wanting the 'empty stomac' results you should at least eat the protein. If not.. I think you should eat a good meal as long as its 2 hour before. Snack on nutts and berries if you 'hit a wall'.

Im not an expert in the field, but I hope this helps a little.

lacyr
Sun, Oct-31-04, 17:30
I am not an expert but If it a very high intensity work out I would suggest a bit of protien at a minimum before lifting any weights.Just my two cents though

pammiejoe6
Thu, Jan-27-05, 09:31
most definitely if its high intensity you should treat it just as if you were weight training....eat and then do it SEVERAL hours later....

xoxoxox

LOWCARBR
Tue, Feb-01-05, 14:50
let me tell you i ate yest. 2 hours before my muscle conditioning class and i felt horrible. i should have waited to eat after class or ate just a few nuts or slice of turkey before class. i thought i was going to faint--a tough workout and belly full of salad.