PDA

View Full Version : KENT are u out there?.have a fiber concern....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Maverick1
Wed, Oct-27-04, 19:22
Not sure if I'm in the right place. I got routed here from a thread by "KENT" who mentioned that fiber was bad for candida/IBD issues. I was wondering if he had researched acacia fiber which is supported by Heather Van Durous (sp?)...I don't have time to look it up right now...she has an IBD newsletter/site. Supposedly, the acacia fiber is gluten/casein free and is a soluble pre-biotic fiber. I have IBD and my son is autistic and on a gluten/casein free diet. We are trying to avoid prescription medications to make him move his bowels. He gets very constipated which is typical of of autistic individuals. If the fiber is soluble and pre-biotic would it not be different from all those other "fibers" which are not soluble? "KENT" also mentioned that he didn't like ground flax seeds as a fiber/essential fatty acid supplement. I still have concerns on the above. and I am always interested in another perspective. I am mostly concerned because I don't want to experiment on my son. He already has so many medical issues....I just want to make him as comfortable and healthy as possible.

Again sorry if this is going to the wrong site...I am not the most computer literate person..but this is where i was routed when I attempted to respond to "KENT".

If he is out there...I'd love to hear his opinions... and maybe he can direct me to where I'm suppose to post?
thanks,
maverick1

MissScruff
Sat, Oct-30-04, 17:55
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Sorry I don't know where he is, but I just wanted to welcome you to the site anyhow!