PDA

View Full Version : I am new to this, please be gentle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tjludwig
Mon, Oct-25-04, 21:05
Hi Everyone from Wisconsin.

I am looking for people who are new to this as well and need help with their progress.

Sorry so short.

TJ

joesfolks
Mon, Oct-25-04, 22:00
Tj, welcome. I have only been here a couple of months but there are lots of great people here. Start a journal and visit other journals. You'll make lots of friends. Just dive right in. Click on the journal button at the bottom of my post and you'll see my journal. Best of luck to you. :)

OzSlimmer
Mon, Oct-25-04, 23:52
Everyone is at their own stage here, which is great. I have been doing this WOE for 4 months and I still feel like a beginner most of the time. So don't worry - just jump on in!

MissScruff
Tue, Oct-26-04, 00:58
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Looking forward to getting to know you!

4beans4me
Tue, Oct-26-04, 09:09
Hello and welcome from a fellow cheesehead! :wave:

AFwife
Tue, Oct-26-04, 09:10
Welcome aboard. :)

joesfolks
Wed, Oct-27-04, 22:39
TJ, I have been doing South Beach since Aug 3rd and have now lost 36 lbs. What works for me about this diet is it's versatility. There are just so many options for meals and after the first two weeks, good carbs are added back in, which , for me, allows for more normal meals. I can have a spagetti dinner because I can us whole wheat pasta, or I can use spagetti squash if I want to go more low carb. As I read the diet I thought that this must be closer to the way we were meant to eat . Because There is so much whole food I don't find myself going to bed hungry which is a part of so many other diets.

Now what works for me on this sight is that everyone is friendly and helpful. No flamers, no nastiness, just lots of support. I can ask questions, make comments, and generally discuss my new way of eating in a safe atmosphere. Here I can be 300 pounds without the judgementalness that all overweight people get from the never fat world.

I hope you will look around this site, start a journal and get to know some of the folks here. They really are a great bunch. And talking to them will help to keep you from driving your family and friends crazy with diet talk. Because for some reason they can't seem to understand that this is a way of life, for the rest of your life. But here we all understand

black57
Thu, Oct-28-04, 05:29
In following joesfolks comments, it is important to grab a book and read it. There is a section on this site about which low carb program is best for you. I am on Atkins. If you scroll the very top of this page,check the links in the green banner, click on plans and that should help you.

bob2112
Thu, Oct-28-04, 06:13
Welcome aboard and best wishes.