PDA

View Full Version : Sour Cream Muffins/Biscuits (Carbquik)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mammac-5
Sat, Oct-23-04, 17:37
Great recipe I came up with for CarbQuik Bakemix. Baked 'em on Friday and they disappeared!

8 ounce sour cream
1/2 stick butter
2 cups CarbQuik Bakemix

Cut butter into CarbQuik until you've got little pea-sized bits. Mix in container of sour cream.

Drop onto pan OR fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees about 12 minutes or until golden brown. YUMMMY!!! :agree:

yellowman
Sun, Nov-14-04, 16:46
Oh man, made these today, they were awesome! In fact, it made me order a lot more carbquik!

Beebuzz
Sun, Nov-14-04, 18:08
Is it possible to replace carbquick by faux Atkin mix??
Beebuzz

mammac-5
Mon, Nov-15-04, 09:23
Is it possible to replace carbquick by faux Atkin mix??
Beebuzz

Good question. I haven't tried it so I'm no help there.

Personally, I don't like the taste of soy in most of the bake mixes---but I LOVE Carbquick.

rpavich
Sun, Dec-05-04, 07:57
I just wanted to say that these are pretty good!

I've been having a hard time getting anything "carbquik" to come out with the texture and taste of the real thing...but these are the closest yet...

I made them like "drop bisquits" and in a muffin pan and they were good...

bob

grammiedee
Sun, Dec-05-04, 08:06
Haven't tried Carquik yet but wondered if it slowed down you weight loss. Any idea how many carbs in the above recipe. Need to find something to sub for rolls for Christmas. Am planning most of meal for famile to be LC but don't plan to tell rest of the gang that I've recruited my DH, DD, and SIL to Lcing.

Thanks for the info.

Deneen

mammac-5
Mon, Dec-06-04, 08:48
My weight loss has slowed down over the past month or so, but I believe that has more to do with the fact that I've been at this now for 4 months and I think most peoples' losses slow after the first couple of months. But I'm still losing.

I really like Carbquik...could be their poster girl!

4beans4me
Mon, Dec-06-04, 08:54
Any idea how many carbs in the above recipe.

For the whole recipe:

1607 calories
148 fat
128 carb
96 fiber
32 net carbs
56 protein

HTH :)

Loddysue
Sun, Jan-30-05, 08:20
I am BRAND NEW to this forum,....can you tell me if this recipe is for 6 or 12 muffins? Not sure which size tin to use. I've noticed many recipes OUT THERE do not give you the quantity of cookies, muffins, etc., the recipe makes. Thank you!

mammac-5
Sun, Jan-30-05, 20:58
1/4 c Carbquik is supposed to be the serving size, according to the package. So if you're making this recipe with 2 cups of Carbquik, I reckon it should make 8 biscuits or muffins.

Hope that helps.

golflady59
Sun, Jan-30-05, 21:16
Sounds wonderful. But where do I get the carbquick?

PaminNY
Mon, Jan-31-05, 06:34
golflady,

Netrition.com sells carbquik. Happy baking!

Pam

Dawna
Thu, Apr-21-05, 13:26
These sound wonderful. Although I don't have any CQ just yet, I do have loads of boxes of MiniCarb (CarbSense) biscuit mix on hand. They've made wonderful buscuits. Should work for these muffins as well.

Thank you for sharing.