PDA

View Full Version : a friendly hello from florida

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

beachbunny
Wed, Oct-20-04, 19:13
hello, i am new to this board and IM hoping to become a reg. in this new lifestyle. i am a 37 yearold female who went through a major surgery a year ago and have tacked on about 70 extra pounds i would really love everyone's help in starting me on the right path to regain myself esteem if anyone has any suggestions on which diet is good or would mind having me for a diet buddy I would greatly appreciate any help at all I have tried weight watchers but cant seem to discipline myself to stick with it so please: help: ~smile and brighten someones day~

4beans4me
Wed, Oct-20-04, 19:29
Hello and welcome to the forums! :wave:

Here is a link to our plan comparison page, hopefully it will give you some info to help you make your decision. :)

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/

Best of luck! :yay:

MissScruff
Wed, Oct-20-04, 20:00
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

LittleAnne
Thu, Oct-21-04, 05:59
Hi and welcome

Sorry to read about the weight gain after surgery and I can appreciate how losing this will improve your self esteem.

You have already been given a link to the various plans available. Whichever you choose, you should obtain the book and read it before you start. It is easy to sabotage your efforts when you only know half the story.

I have enjoyed living low carb for the last 3 years and have lost over 70 pounds myself. I've still quite a few more to go. It has helped me a lot and I can do so much more than I could back in 2001.

Every success in whatever path you choose.

zedneser
Thu, Oct-21-04, 06:21
:wave: Hi and welcome Beachbunny
Best of luck to you.

beachbunny
Sat, Oct-23-04, 13:01
~~~~~thank you ladies so much for such a warm welcome to your forums IM sorry i haven't been on to say thank you sooner but i got lost lol i forgot how to find where i posted but i found it after all i hope we can all help each other through this weight loss journey~~~~~ a friend in florida :wave:

beachbunny
Sat, Oct-23-04, 13:08
~~~~~~~i left out which diet I have chosen I will begin the weight watchers new turn around diet its all fat free very similar to the southbeach diet IM very excited about this...~~~~~~your friend in **florida**

bob2112
Sat, Oct-23-04, 13:22
Welcome Aboard.

AFwife
Sat, Oct-23-04, 13:23
Welcome aboard. :)

beachbunny
Sat, Oct-23-04, 13:29
~~thanks again for such a warm welcome its nice to see such warm hearted people:) i was wondering if someone could possibly help me figure out how i put a weight loss tiker on my post i made one just not sure which code i use and where i paste it lol thanks beachbunny:)

angeljandy
Sat, Oct-23-04, 16:53
Welcome and good luck with your program!!!!! :wave: