PDA

View Full Version : New and NO WILLPOWER from WI

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cleveland9
Tue, Oct-19-04, 11:35
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and say that i've read quite a bit on this forum and cannot believe the success everyone has had... Congratualtions to you all. I'm hoping that I can stick to this.. Just started this morning... This is hard for me -- as my favorite foods are Potatoes, Pasta & Rice... GO Figure. But I'm going to try -- i will read these boards everyday -- I do already feel as though I will be eating eggs, bacon, meat and cheese forever - but once i read more on the recipies, etc. i'm sure that will get better. I was a "thin" person until about 5 years ago, 3 children later and probably too much WI Cheese and Beer :lol:
I would like to loose between 20-25 pounds - then I would feel better - more comfortable in my marriage and i will stop disliking every skinny woman in the world..... Thanks for listening and thanks for posting all the great information.

JamesBlond
Tue, Oct-19-04, 12:12
but once i read more on the recipies, etc. i'm sure that will get better.You won't believe the recipes out there! I had NO idea you could make such tasty stuff w/cream cheese :D You will find things to replace the foods you loved and as you eat them, you will think 'this tastes SO much better than the LF foods I was eating before'. Also you will not go hungry, you will not have icky cravings and you will (eventually ;)) feel better than you ever have!
Good Luck and feel free to stop by my journal!
~Blond~

4beans4me
Tue, Oct-19-04, 12:42
Hello and welcome from a fellow cheesehead!! :wave: Best of luck!!

tofi
Tue, Oct-19-04, 14:00
Hello and welcome. You only THINK you have no willpower because the carbs always defeat you. I was the same. As you get started on LC, you will be amazed to find out that it was chemistry, NOT willpower all the time.

Your blood sugars will stabilize, you will not be hungry and you'll be able to walk past pasta and potatoes and even chocolate cake and not be interested at all. Just remember that ONE bite of the wrong stuff WILL hurt. If you are hungry, go ahead and eat some more protein and fat. Just stay away from the carbs and do a "clean" Induction to get yourself going.

All the best.

Cleveland9
Tue, Oct-19-04, 14:23
Thanks all for the support. I'm determined -- and hope this works -- i can't believe i'm trying to let this get the best of me!!! NO CARBS for ME!!

amanda_mae
Tue, Oct-19-04, 16:31
Welcome!!!!

You've found a great forum here. I know I wouldn't be where I am now without this place. I don't post very often, but enjoy reading all of the information posted. So many people here with so many great ideas :)

Good luck. You can do this. Just remember, we're here when you need us!

lacat
Tue, Oct-19-04, 17:57
hello, i know exactly what you mean...pasta,bread and rice,i never tought i could go without them in my diet. It is the first time i tried a diet and stick with it and i lost around 30 pounds icant believe it and i am never really hungry and full of energy.
But i am new to forums, good luck

MonaJewell
Tue, Oct-19-04, 19:03
I know exactly what you mean about loving bread, pasta and potatoes. I've been a dieter almost all my life (and I am 63 years old)...so it's been a long struggle. However, when I first started low carb eating and began cutting back on the starches, I discovered that after a long period without them, when I ate bread again (for instance), I actually felt quite uncomfortable...not sick or anything, but I felt such a heaviness around my midriff that I no longer craved the stuff very often. Now that I've been at it, on and off, for a year or so, I haven't bought a loaf of bread in six months, haven't eaten pasta in a couple of years. And this wasn't because of having great will power. I just found that the less of these things I ate, the less often I thought about them, or craved them. Maybe things will work out this way for you too. Hope so!

MissScruff
Wed, Oct-20-04, 16:28
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

I miss rice!