PDA

View Full Version : Induction Question, Encore

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Muse
Wed, Sep-26-01, 07:41
I'm on my third day of Induction (after having Somersized for 6 weeks) and this morning I woke up RAVENOUS! I had lost two pounds however and that was a great way to start the day!

When i made it downstairs for breakfast and sat down for my eggs and bacon, I became dizzy and kinda shaky...scared me a little. Sorta lightheaded, ya know?

Has anyone else had this happen,,,should I be concerned? I took my vitamins today (had forgotten the last 2 days), but it took me at least 45 min before I started to feel better. Any thoughts here?

Natrushka
Wed, Sep-26-01, 07:52
Yes, this is the weird feeling from water loss and electrolyte loss (potassium, sodium, chloride) and carb w/drawal. Get thee to a nutrition store, Muse. Potassium (either in tablet form or as "noSalt") and Calcium/Magnesium (two in one 333mg cal/167 mg mag). Take 3 or 4 of the Cal/Mag a day and 1/8 tsp of the potassium in a large glass of water. You'll feel better very soon. In the mean time if you're ravenous, eat!

Nat

Muse
Thu, Sep-27-01, 08:13
I feel soooooo much better today. Got those vitamins, no dizziness, or sweats or anything...feelin strong...feeling savvy...feeling like a low carb queen!!!!....A FAT BURNING MACHINE!! :wiggle:

Raven
Fri, Sep-28-01, 00:05
Yay Muse! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Always always remember your supplements. I forgot to take mine during those two days I was ill earlier in the week, and wow did I notice the difference. Got really tired, muscles started twitching again, and just plain didn't feel right. Learned my lesson!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/lizard1.gif