PDA

View Full Version : new dieter having trouble

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

susan34
Mon, Oct-18-04, 09:33
Hi there,
I found this board while looking for more info on the FatFast. I was hoping for a longer list, and found it here. I have been in induction for 3 weeks. I dropped 3 pounds the first day, and four pounds the second, and 1 pound in the 20 days since then. I have never entered ketosis. I do love the diet. It seems very natural. I have also been exercising at the gym. I actually like it! This is coming from someone who always thought exercise was a four letter word. I have an excel sheet where I have the exercises I do, and the weights I use. It really is a motivator. I was/am very out of shape. So I am seeing huge progress in what I can do.
This is my second diet. I did the phen/fen diet back when you could still do it. I lost about 30 pounds then. What really ticked me off was friends/associates telling me, "How I looked sooo much better than before."
Well, that's it for now.
Susan

p.s. I have a mini-goal. I want my arms to hang straight down.

*Christy*
Mon, Oct-18-04, 10:40
Hi Susan,

I'm new also but I found *loads* of info on this forum, and the posters are very nice as well. I just wanted to say WELCOME! I'm sure you will find a ton of support here.

Have a great day,
~Christy~

Rosebud
Mon, Oct-18-04, 18:54
Hi Susan,

You are actually doing very well! Most of can expect to lose around 10% (of the weight we need to lose ;)) during Induction. You've done even better.

I have 2 points. Firstly, many of us seem to plateau for a week or two after Induction. It seems that our bodies just seem to need a to "rest" for a little while.
The other thing I'll ask you is have you measured yourself? You may well have lost inches while not losing pounds.
That is because you may have gained a little muscle, while still losing fat. And muscle is significantly heavier than fat.

So, I truly don't think you have any need to worry about a Fat Fast. Just continue with your plan as you are, and before long, some more pounds will leave you.

As for ketosis, don't worry about it. You may well be in it, but just not registering on the stix. Click here (http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html) for more info about ketosis.

All the best!

Rosebud:rose:

Jaana100
Mon, Oct-18-04, 20:14
Hi Susan! I am a newbie as well and I have found this site to be a GREAT support. Welcome aboard and hang in there! I had my first really hard today and I am three weeks into Induction as well and I think I was disappointed in the scale not moving fast enough. Stay motivated though!

Have a great night!

LCme
Mon, Oct-18-04, 21:53
Hi Susan, I welcome. I am also new to this site, have been lowcarbing for about a year. LOL re: arms hanging straight! I always hated that...Keep up the good work, you'll be there in no time

MissScruff
Tue, Oct-19-04, 01:36
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

susan34
Tue, Oct-19-04, 07:25
Thanks for the support. Also, thanks for the Ketone strip link. Looking up info on the strip had been the next thing I was going to do after looking at this thread. My strips are ancient, so that must be it.

I tried to do the fat fast yesterday. All went well, but I had my last meal at 5pm and by 7pm I was starving. So, I had a couple of sausages. Oh Well, I stayed at 80% fat and 1500 calories.

Thanks guys. May all your strips turn purple!

4beans4me
Tue, Oct-19-04, 09:51
Welcome to the forums Susan! :wave: Keep up the great work!!