PDA

View Full Version : new again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kara-zen
Mon, Oct-18-04, 07:25
Hi all, I guess i'm not really new but its been so long ago that i've been here, about 9 months and 20lbs regained , I even had to re join.

Last year I lost 30lbs, thanks to atkins and this fourm. I was looking really good about 8lbs to my goal, and we moved to another state, new job , house all that stuff and also a new way of eating, Now things have settled down and i am ready to get back to the way my life was before. I cant believe I let myself gain back 20lbs. I am tired and grouchy all the time. The food i've been eating has tasted really good but has not been good for my self-esteme at all. (hasnt helped my spelling either haha)

Well anyway, I just wanted to re introduce myself. I will be checking in everyday and starting a new journal. Thanks for having me back again. This time for good!!

4beans4me
Mon, Oct-18-04, 07:37
Hello and welcome back Kara! Best of luck! :wave:

Iowagirl
Tue, Oct-19-04, 05:42
Welcome back, Kara!

kara-z
Tue, Oct-19-04, 07:35
Thanks for all the welcomes. I found my old journal , so now i guess i have 2 names on here, kara-z and Kara-zen . I'm so confused, but it really did help me to go back and read my old journal. Thanks again everyone

Tired
Tue, Oct-19-04, 08:18
Welcome back, I just came back on after a couple of months off, I won't listen to the husband again when he says, "oh just go off for a couple of weeks". It's never just a couple of weeks.

Iowagirl
Tue, Oct-19-04, 08:24
Welcome back, I just came back on after a couple of months off, I won't listen to the husband again when he says, "oh just go off for a couple of weeks". It's never just a couple of weeks.

It's never a three hour tour, Gilligan. :p

kara-z
Wed, Oct-20-04, 05:52
I love the three hour tour thing iowagirl. And its so true.
One thing that i hate is that some of the people that we love most and love us the most dont support us in good changes. I know that my hubby loved it when i had lost 30lbs. I mean come on you can tell right. So why now would he not support the thing that got me there. Like lets go to CiCi's, going there to eat especially on induction is like the worst place to go. Maybe it means that he really loves me anyway that i am , but i sure felt better being smaller. Anyway thats all the analyzing my brain can handle this early in the morning.

Iowagirl
Wed, Oct-20-04, 08:09
Have you discussed this with him? Sometimes we trip each other up and don't even realize how. It may seem painfully obvious to you but not to him.

MissScruff
Wed, Oct-20-04, 16:12
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

kara-z
Thu, Oct-21-04, 05:49
I have talked with him, and he say's he thinks he's being supportive because he loves me just as much fluffy and he would a skinny rail. He's a great guy and weve been married almost 17 year, so he's seen me in both shapes. I think he just thinks like a man and well ... I dont ya know, anyway thanks for the message. Good luck to all

Iowagirl
Thu, Oct-21-04, 07:47
"He thinks like a man!" :lol: 'Nuff said!

I guess you will just have to continue to remind him and to also show him alternatives. When he suggests going to Chi- Chi's perhaps you can respond with, "How about _____, instead?" Don't put too much into his motivation as it is your motivation that counts.

kara-z
Fri, Oct-22-04, 05:51
Great point Iowa , Thanks for the support. I am really comitted to sticking with this . When i started the first time I got feeling really sick flu like with the head aches, so far this time only minor head aches, but already my energy is great, I have always been one that pops a vivrin with a Mountain Dew just to make it through the day and havent had one for two days now, The mountain dew sence last week , so yahoo.

Iowagirl
Fri, Oct-22-04, 07:53
Good for you! Keep up the good work!

Sweetcake
Fri, Oct-22-04, 20:59
Welcome to the forum! You are off to a really great start!

angeljandy
Sat, Oct-23-04, 17:08
Welcome and good luck with your program!!!!! :wave:

bob2112
Sat, Oct-23-04, 17:31
Welcome Back.