PDA

View Full Version : Veggie low-carb, Beginner

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PlopPlop
Sun, Oct-17-04, 22:19
Hi folks... Ive been reading the boards for the past few days and decided to join... it helps me stay focused on my plan to read what everyone else is going through and accomplishing. I just started this weekend, and am so afraid that nothing is going to change! My two biggest problems are: late night hunger (it just doesnt end) and lack of desire to exercise. I exercised for years through and after college, but I really, really, really hate it. I hope that being here will help me make good decisions, and keep me from going astray.

Im a veggie, have been since I was 10 years old. I saw the veggie advice section and hope that I have opportunities to learn from other low-carb veggies on here.

You all seem so supportive, Im glad youre here! :wave:

Chairface
Mon, Oct-18-04, 03:02
Hiya PlopPlop! :wave:

Welcome to the forums, we are glad you found us.

Good luck with the veggie low-carbing. We have members here following all kinds of plans, I hope you can read about some veggies who are doing the low-carb WOL (way of life)

Take care,

4beans4me
Mon, Oct-18-04, 07:12
Hello and welcome to the forums! :wave:

Paleoanth
Mon, Oct-18-04, 08:49
Welcome! I couldn't believe this would work either, but it does. I am also a veggie low carber and it is totally doable with some planning.

I also eat late at night and that didn't seem to bother me, but exercise is a must, I am afraid. Just start out small and work your way up.

PlopPlop
Mon, Oct-18-04, 15:34
Thanks Nelson, Beans and Paleo!!! Nelson, you having your progress chart on your sig is really inspiring... shows how all the little bits add up and that its worth it to keep waiting. Thanks!

Paleo, oh good, another veggie! Yeah, Im going to see about walking after work with my friend who does it every day. I exercised every single day, usually twice a day, when I was thin... but I hated every single second of it. Social pressure is what motivated me.

LOLOL-- does your sig say "I think therefore I am not married"? if it does -- LOVE IT! and, DITTO!

Paleoanth
Mon, Oct-18-04, 16:02
LOL! Yes it does mean that Plop! I think walking with someone else is a good idea.

There are several veggies around here. Elsah, Etoiles are two right off the top of my head. You can check out their journals.

MissScruff
Tue, Oct-19-04, 01:42
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

PlopPlop
Wed, Oct-20-04, 09:58
Thanks so much!! Adorable Teddies :OD

MissScruff
Wed, Oct-20-04, 16:33
Thank you! I am hopelessly addicted to coffee! I haven't had a latte since August 22! :tears: