PDA

View Full Version : hello start of my new life !

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carabajalk
Sun, Oct-17-04, 17:00
hello everyone my names krystle im 21 and i started at 330lbs. Ive been wanting to start low carbing for a while now but kept putting it off, my mom has been on it for a over a year now and she looks awesome! well this is how it started about 3 wks ago my boyfriend of 3 1/2 yrs broke up with me cuz of my weight he said he wasnt phyiscally attracted to me anymore and i was so hurt that he would say anything like that to me this is someone i thought i knew but i guess i really didnt he made me feel worthless and ugly i hated him for making me feel that, i decided that never again would anyone make me feel like that ,so the next day when i woke up i told myself that i wasnt worthless infact i was WORTH every bit that this world had to offer me. it wasnt so much about losing the weight as was about feeling good about myself and i knew that is what i needed to do to make me love myself again. so on sept 27 i started my journey to love myself and care about me and not worry about what some idiot that didnt deserve me in the first place thought of me so 2 1/2 wks went by and i had been low carbing working out and feeling good about myself i stepped on the scale and was shocked i'd lost 20lbs i couldnt believe it was awesome i thought "my god i cant do this" its a great feeling to be proud of yourself something i'd forgetten to do. i still have a ways to go but i'll keep you all posted :)
p.s. i also like to think of it like this i've not only lost my first 20lbs but i've also lost 165lbs of his dead weight that i was carrying around! lol

luxie
Sun, Oct-17-04, 17:18
Congratulations, that is awesome!
It's so great that you're doing something so positive for yourself. I am new to the forum and I thought I would reply to this because I started low-carb on September 27th, too! Hopefully we'll both achieve our goals :)

4beans4me
Sun, Oct-17-04, 18:46
Hello and welcome Krystle! :wave: Congrats on your wonderful success so far, and best of luck as you continue your weightloss journey! :yay:

bewat21
Sun, Oct-17-04, 20:49
I wanted to say welcome to the forum. And it's a Good Thing that he left because it saves you the trouble of having to drop him later. Good luck on your journey. And for a little bit of extra support join a buddy group they're great!

Chairface
Sun, Oct-17-04, 21:30
Welcome Cara,

Looks like you are off to a fantastic start. It is good that your Mom has done this before you, she should be able to offer some advice and support.

As for your ex and his hateful words, what an a$$. At least you found out about his true nature before you did something like marry him. You know you deserve better than that!

Take care and keep us posted with all your success!

eric909
Sun, Oct-17-04, 21:41
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Marvin
Tue, Oct-19-04, 00:05
welcome!!!! I hope you find this forum as helpful and inspirational as I do. Good luck to ya!!!

Marv

MissScruff
Tue, Oct-19-04, 01:34
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Congrats on the weight loss! It's an amazing feeling isn't it?