PDA

View Full Version : Yummy Lemon Muffins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CheriYM
Sun, Oct-17-04, 15:05
Yummy Lemon Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

1 cup unsalted roasted almonds, ground finely
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 tsp baking powder
6 tablespoons softened butter (3 oz)
6 tablespoons Splenda
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon extract
1-2 tsp lemon zest

Preheat the oven to 350F and grease or spray muffin tin.

Finely grind almonds in food processor. Add baking powder and flaxseed meal and combine. Set aside.

Cream together butter and Splenda. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream, extracts, and zest and combine. Spoon batter in the muffin pan, dividing evenly between all 12 tins and bake for 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
Inspired by Demi's Orange Cakes

177 calories/16g fat/5g protein/1g fiber/3 net carbs

BlitzedAng
Tue, Oct-19-04, 07:27
Ohhh Cheri.. Theese would be soooo good with some blueberies thrown in.. Thanks for posting...

Angel

tammay
Mon, Nov-22-04, 15:52
How much does the 1 cup of whole almonds turn out ground? I have pre-ground almond flour in my house. Curious about the amount.

Tam

CheriYM
Mon, Nov-22-04, 17:17
It is about a cup and a third.

byrdie16
Sun, Dec-05-04, 09:55
Hi Cheri,
I made lemon muffins today! Very impressed- I'll definitely make them again. I didn't add the extra 1/3 c almond flour but will try it next time. I did add a few frozen blueberries in 9 of them (they sunk to them bottom and were a little soggy) and poppy seed to the other 3. :thup: I preferred the poppy seed ones but both were good. This is the first baked product I've had any success with tasting decent and the kids eating. We slathered on butter and the kids had honey too and yum! :yum: Half the batch is gone!
Two things impressed me-
1. The taste was great, little chunky from the almond flour but I can handle that- it's great to have muffins.
2. They were actually muffin size. Seems like the other things I've tried were small, even the flops! :)
I did have a hard time stopping with 2 (one of each kind). Thanks for the conversion! Carol