PDA

View Full Version : SCDer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wildwomum
Sat, Oct-16-04, 16:30
I came across this list while searching for ways of eliminating fungal infection. I have Crohn's disease, have been using a very limited version of SCD for a couple of years and still have not beaten the fungus. I am now considering taking nystatin, to see if it will help to rebalance my body. I am not in this for the weight loss, which seems to be the general gist of this forum, but I thought there may be some insightful being out there who can understand where I am coming from.

Cheers
Vivienne
New Zealand

4beans4me
Sat, Oct-16-04, 17:57
Hello and welcome Vivienne! :wave:

allibaba
Sat, Oct-16-04, 23:20
Welcome to the forum. If you click on search in the green bar up top you'll find a lot of threads on the subject. I've heard that Oil of Oregano can help.
Alli

Sweetcake
Sun, Oct-17-04, 06:30
Welcome to the forum... My hubby has Crohn's disease so I understand all the medical problems that can come with it. He has never had a fungus infection so I do not have any answers for you. What part of your body has the infection? If it is your intestines have you tried Lactobacillus acidophilus? Have you tried checkoung out the Yeast and IBD forum at http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Maybe there are some answers there... wishing you the best!

wildwomum
Sun, Oct-17-04, 13:45
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Carol, I believe I have a systemic fungal infection, affecting the gut. I have numerous external indications also, including rashes and infections. I am taking a probiotic supplement, among other things. Thanks so much for the link too, it is great.

I have been using the SCDiet for a couple of years, but in a more restricted form, so have been getting frustrated with the inability to fully partake in the diet. I have been more and more aware of the fungal link and have finally decided to get on top of it. I have found that diet alone just won't do it. Hence the decision to try nystatin. Have finally found a GP I can work WITH, so am ready to go.

Cheers
Vivienne

angeljandy
Sun, Oct-17-04, 14:30
Hi! Just wanted to say welcome and here's wishing you luck with your program!