PDA

View Full Version : Hi, getting back on track

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

40+
Fri, Oct-15-04, 13:24
I've been doing zip for about 4.5 months now, so it is time to get my workouts and nutrition back on track. Looking forward to getting some good advice. :cool:

Anyway a few things- I am 42 soon to 43, I enjoy lifting weights and reading. I grudgingly do cardio- I prefer low impact due to past knee and foot problems. Need to make some decent progress by Christmas. :cool: Cheers...

eric909
Fri, Oct-15-04, 18:51
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

4beans4me
Fri, Oct-15-04, 19:51
Welcome to the forums 40+! Best of luck! :wave:

40+
Sat, Oct-16-04, 11:21
Thanks both,

You have made some excellent progress. Hats off to you and your hard work. :thup: Hopefully I can follow in your footsteps.

Tanikova
Sat, Oct-16-04, 11:27
Welcome to the forum.... I am sure you can make great progress by christmas... I know that there is an excerise forum that has quite a large lifting section.... they may have some ideas to help you... built is a great one for lifting advice while low carbing...... :wave: :wave:

by the way, the triple digits club has a christmas challenge going... maybe the comraderie will be helpful to you:clap: :clap:

I also love reading:read: :read: .... can do it for hours.... unfortunately does not help me burn a lot of calories... that I leave to work where I average 10-11 miles a day of walking

angeljandy
Sun, Oct-17-04, 14:59
Hi! Welcome and good luck with your program!

LCme
Tue, Oct-19-04, 14:26
built is a great one for lifting advice while low carbing......

I have to agree w/ the excellent resources in the exercise forums and w/ Built in particular w/ women's advice perspectives in low carb lifting/exercise. I am new to this site and 40+ too. Welcome!

MissScruff
Wed, Oct-20-04, 17:28
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Lobstergal
Wed, Oct-20-04, 17:52
I've been doing zip for about 4.5 months now, so it is time to get my workouts and nutrition back on track. Looking forward to getting some good advice. :cool:

Anyway a few things- I am 42 soon to 43, I enjoy lifting weights and reading. I grudgingly do cardio- I prefer low impact due to past knee and foot problems. Need to make some decent progress by Christmas. :cool: Cheers...

Welcome to the group. I am also 42 and will be 43 in less then a month
and like you enjoy lifting weights (I just started with that) and reading.

Have you ever considerred taking Aquasize classes. I take those when my knees are bothering me or just when I feel like doing something other then the treadmill at the Y.

P.S. An early Happy Birthday to you. :)