PDA

View Full Version : Turn off the Fat Genes????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joanna
Tue, Sep-25-01, 13:33
I'm sitting here at my desk listining to Dr. Barnard talk about his book and his diet -- totally vegan and low, low fat.

He's very convincing. I'm finding myself wondering if I should try it, but something tells me I'm a carnivore at heart.

Anyone out there any experience with this diet? Comments?

Joanna

Raven
Tue, Sep-25-01, 14:40
Joanna, I think we've all had experience with low-fat diets whether they're vegan or include meat. To me, a low-fat diet is a low-fat diet. How many of us have been on diets like this, have lost maybe a few pounds, maybe a lot...just to gain it all back when we go back to normal eating. :::raising my hand:::

In my opinion....low fat doesn't work.

Of course this doctor is very convincing...he's trying to sell a book.

Karen
Tue, Sep-25-01, 14:57
Try it and see. You will be back to LC so soon, you won't believe it!

Karen

Joanna
Tue, Sep-25-01, 15:38
I'm sure I'd last only a day or two!

I love eating low carb! :D

Joanna

creaky
Tue, Sep-25-01, 21:48
I followed his way of eating for about 6 months, started to lose weight then stalled and started to gain it all back again, even though I was eating exactly what he said to eat, The weight loss was 10 pounds and it was frustrating to loose it then gain it back and lose it again.

I found myself eating more and more carbs each day and I was never satisfied at all with it. I found myself fantasing about my splurge day after my TOPS meeting (weight loss support group) and deciding what I should eat.

I would eat until my stomach ached but I still wasn't satisfied at all.

Christy