PDA

View Full Version : New to this board

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lantonel
Wed, Oct-13-04, 09:01
Hi,

I've been doing Atkins for about 17 months now and absolutely love it. I've lost 67 lbs and have about 70 more to go. I've been working out like crazy and am apprantly on a stall (haven't lost inches in the last 2 months), so I was searching for help and found this board. I'm back on induction, but my biggest problem with induction and the next phase is creativity. I am looking for menu ideas because I am just boaring! By the way my hubby is on Atkins as well and has lost about 100 lbs and also is on a stall.

Does anyone have any menu suggestions?

Thanks! I look forward to sharing!

lantonel

umbria2005
Wed, Oct-13-04, 09:16
:D
Welcome to the boards- I really find this helps me, espically getting idea's for meals along with recipes.I too need to jazz up my humdum cooking. My husband and I are both on Atkins- this is our 2nd time, I hope we are as successful as you both have been! That is awesome- keep up the good work. It is easier when your spouse/SO is on same plan! :cool:
I just started induction again Monday-I am looking forward to sticking to this WOL and loosing those carb cravings.
Best of luck! ~~Mindy

AFwife
Wed, Oct-13-04, 09:18
Congrat's on the loss for you and your DH. WOW that is great.

Check out the recipe section of the forum for ideas or go to the Atkins site itself: www.atkinscenter.com

Keep up the great work.

toofattoo
Wed, Oct-13-04, 09:21
Hi there:wave: and welcome to the forum. You were the same weight I was and I am 1 inch taller, and I have been on Atkins since May 25th and have lost 44 pounds. There is a recipe forum on the site and every once in a while someone will post a new recipe. Keep looking and you will find plenty of good food here. Keep up the good work. Peg

bewat21
Wed, Oct-13-04, 09:22
for recipes either look in the recipe forum here or go to the atkins website. they have a ton of induction recipes and they're great tasting. hope this helps. Congrats on the weight loss and here's to the rest coming off.

4beans4me
Wed, Oct-13-04, 09:27
Hello and welcome! :wave:

lantonel
Wed, Oct-13-04, 09:54
Thanks for the welcome! I'll definately check out the recipe forum! I'm familiar with the Atkins site, I just never seem to have time to make any "recipes" when it comes around time for dinner! I definately have to start planning better.

As for menu ideas, are there any sample induction menus online anywhere? I know pretty much what I can eat, but putting it all together in a days induction menu is where I get lost. If I can sit down and look at a menu and plan that way I think I'd do much better! I wish there was in Atkins Center near me, I do much better with someone telling me what I can eat during induction (like WW), I'm much more disciplined that way. :)

Thanks!

lantonel

bcbeauty
Wed, Oct-13-04, 10:32
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Best of luck to ya!

angeljandy
Wed, Oct-13-04, 15:53
Hi lantonel...Welcome and continued good luck with your program!