PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning !

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

msellie
Wed, Oct-13-04, 07:55
Good morning,I have just found this site and being a borderline (if there is such a thing) diabetic I know carbs are bad for me so thought I would try this. :) :cool: :)
msellie

4beans4me
Wed, Oct-13-04, 08:04
Hello and welcome! :wave:

Kristine
Wed, Oct-13-04, 08:05
Excellent decision! :thup: :thup: You are correct: there is such thing as borderline diabetes. Diabetes doesn't strike overnight, it's a progression, and you're very wise to try to prevent it.

You have lots of options. You could choose something like Atkins if you're looking for fast results, or just wander into the maintenance phase of any of the plans if you're just looking to stabilize your blood sugar. A good place to start reading is our comparison of LC plans, which is located at the very top of the page, on the green tool bar, second link from the left ("Plans").

Best of luck!

black57
Wed, Oct-13-04, 08:06
Many of us have some form of insulin resistance. This diet is very helpful in overcoming the symptoms and some have been able to get off medication.

angeljandy
Wed, Oct-13-04, 15:55
Hi msellie...Welcome and good luck with your program!