PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Crepes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tom sawyer
Tue, Oct-12-04, 15:07
I came up with the following recipe for breakfast crepes.

Crepe base recipe:
2 eggs
1/4cup flaxseed flour
1/4 cup half and half

Beat together until smooth, adjust with h&h to get a very runny batter.

Pour 2-3TBL on griddle, tilt back and forth to spread out batter.

Cook for just a minute or so, until bottom is brown and top is reasonably dry. I don't cook the top, you can decide that for yourself.

For breakfast, I liberally butter the non-browned side of the crepe with cream cheese (maybe an ounce), roll it up and then top with some blueberries (frozen kind, wild are best). I've also stirred the blueberries into the cream cheese, added a bit of Splenda and used this as my filling. Strawberries work well too.

We have this when I make pancakes for the kids.

mysty
Wed, Oct-13-04, 10:19
This sounds sooooooooooooo yummy, I will give this a try in the morning. thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

tom sawyer
Thu, Oct-14-04, 09:08
I had searched for crepe recipes on this site, and came up empty. But when I put a recipe for a main course crepe in, I got some references to other crepe recipes. I wonder why it didn't come up in my search? Strange.

lilpinky
Wed, Nov-03-04, 11:29
do u know what the carb count on this is?