PDA

View Full Version : tried and true

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ccoperine
Tue, Oct-12-04, 13:54
Hi! I'm new to this site but not to low carb lifestyle. I first tried Atkins back in 1976 after being "heavy" all my life, except when I was starving myself to death. Lost 68 lbs, but then started a family of four kids. Since everyone was saying how bad low carb was nutritionally, I didn't stay on it and gained 100 lbs back. Had stomach stapling, which worked for about 4 years, regained, and decided "I didn't mind being fat and beautiful!" But then my husband, also heavy, started having health problems, and I told him to go back on Atkins and I would too. I lost 120 lbs and was doing great, then was laid off. I guess I get bored at home, especially when I have time to cook all the goodies for the kids (our home has not been exactly low carb). I've been kindof struggling, even tho I'm back at work. Guess I just need some extra encouragement because I know that low carb is the only way I can stay thin and healthy. Would just love to hear from others who are making this your lifestyle and not just a diet.

AFwife
Tue, Oct-12-04, 13:56
Welcome aboard.

Search the forum and visit the gallery, you're sure to find lots of inspiration all over here.

Everyone here is great.

:) Welcome aboard.

Oh and you posted this thread twice.

ccoperine
Tue, Oct-12-04, 13:58
So I see, hopefully, I'll get a better handle on this!

eric909
Tue, Oct-12-04, 15:13
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

JoyfulOne
Tue, Oct-12-04, 15:20
My Ccoperine, just reading your post was encouraging to me - I know you can do it again. . . you and DH have already done it before. I say whatever it took for you to lose before - do the exact same thing. I'm sure it was something that finally made you say to yourself, "enough is enough!" and you got to it.

Sorry, If I haven't been helpful, but your post was certainly encouraging to me. I just had a baby and am struggling with 30lbs that just wont leave! I'm breastfeeding so I can't go as low in carbs as I'd like - so I guess that's why I haven't lost anything.

Hope the next time I hear from you you'll be telling us about your meal plans and workout routines :D