PDA

View Full Version : J.Ward Christian

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joyce Ward
Mon, Oct-11-04, 05:23
Hello, My name is J.Ward and I'm a Christian first and foremost. I'm trying to loose to a goal weight of 175 and I'm struggling. I've tried the Atkins diet in the past and it worked at first. I got off due to some health problems which I thought were associated with the diet and when I tried to get back on it I didn't do so well. I guess I get too discouraged. I'm currently trying to reduce my carb intake but I'm not on any strick carb count at this time. I started out at 263 and after joining a weight loss support group four years ago I've lost down to 202.5 and then started to gain back. Now I loose and gain it's like some sort of cycle. I can't seem to break the 200 mark and my Dr.(I'm not under a Dr.'s care for anything) says that's my body's comfort zone. Help!

MissScruff
Mon, Oct-11-04, 09:15
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

You have already accomplished a lot! Give your body time to adjust.

bewat21
Mon, Oct-11-04, 10:25
Your doctor is telling you right when they say that could be your body's comfort zone it happens to alot of people some in this very forum. the only way i can think of to break through that is exercise. and even if you exercise you still may not lose any weight but you may lose inches which are just as good. run through some of the threads here so you can see how different people made it throught their stalls. I hope this helps. Good luck on your journey.

eric909
Mon, Oct-11-04, 17:18
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Joyce Ward
Wed, Oct-13-04, 07:01
Thanks to all the thread members who responded to my message. I continue to fight this battle and no matter how long it takes to reach my goal the rewards will be worth it. I hope to hear from more of my support team in the near future. I know that I'm not in this alone. Thanks again Joyce Ward/Christian

4beans4me
Wed, Oct-13-04, 07:05
Hello and welcome Joyce!! Best of luck! :wave:

black57
Wed, Oct-13-04, 08:05
Welcome Joyce Ward, What health issues did you associate with low carbing? It would be helpful to know these and also print out a menu or a desription of what you are eating.

Black57

toofattoo
Wed, Oct-13-04, 08:06
Welcome to the forum. And with your determination you will reach your goal. Good luck. Peg