PDA

View Full Version : Hello - a new member from Finland

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sirpa
Sun, Oct-10-04, 07:45
Hi everybody!
My name is Sirpa and I live in Finland with my 12-year-old daughter and our cat. I started the low carb diet this June as I have artrithis and have gained over 20 pounds during the last few years. Since I am on medication it has not been succesful to just try to eat healthy. Finally this summer my father was on the low carb diet (by a Finnish doctor) for 2 weeks to loose enough to fit in his hiking pants and he did it! I decided to try if it would work for me. It works providing I eat practically no carbs at all. That is: 2 rye crackers, 2 apples, some lingonberries or blueberries and 1 tomato plus what carbs you have in 2 classes of milk and 1 class of cream a day. Protein or fat I don't count, I eat all meats, cheese, butter and olive oil.
Unfortunately for the past 2 weeks I have had too many visits to relatives and have gained some of the weight I already lost but I'll try again. At least I noticed that my general well being is affected by not eating right (that is: right for my body).

AFwife
Sun, Oct-10-04, 08:02
Welcome aboard. :)

zedneser
Sun, Oct-10-04, 12:47
:wave: Hello and Welcome to the forum!
Best of luck to you.

angeljandy
Sun, Oct-10-04, 13:58
Welcome and good luck with your program!

MissScruff
Sun, Oct-10-04, 14:38
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Cara73
Sun, Oct-10-04, 20:30
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site to be very helpful and informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)