PDA

View Full Version : Re-doing Induction after 1 year of mostly low carb living

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sinadial
Mon, Oct-04-04, 14:30
Hello there :)

I've been mostly following a low carb (Atkins) lifestyle for over a year, but I found myself backsliding a bit too much so I'm back on Induction. Still have around 10 pounds I want to lose, or to fit into that nice red silk dress I have hanging in my closet that doesn't fit anymore.

I'm trying to keep a journal this time around to help develop better habits, but I find myself still getting sweets cravings even though I have dumped sugar completely from my diet. I'm a low carb bar junkie though, and just read that sticky post about sugar alchohols so I guess I'll add a week onto my 2-week Induction period (I've been on it for around a week but swallowing waaaaay too much sugar alchohols) and switch to ZCarb for my chocolate fix. I *really* want to figure out my tolerance properly this time.

Anyway it's nice to see so many kindred spirits here!

Sina

angeljandy
Mon, Oct-04-04, 14:36
Journal are great! Here's wishing you continued success!

4beans4me
Tue, Oct-05-04, 07:12
Best of luck Sina! You CAN do it!! :yay:

newsomer
Wed, Oct-06-04, 11:29
I'm doing the same thing!

I lost a good deal of my weight between September 2003 and last March but slowed when I got to a point where I was really happy with my progress and a lot of folks said I looked "good enough." From March to the middle of last September I kept creaping down on the scale but I grew impatient and decided to hit induction again. I followed anothers advice and we spent three days eating "normal" then hit induction. We were not carbbing out, just moderately partaking of "forbidden" stuff (croissant sandwich, half a donut, hamburger and half the fries, etc.) I kinda bumped up two pounds then have lost eight pounds (ten if you count the 2 pound bump) since starting September 7th.

I am not recommending this method, just reporting my progress. I will advise that you avoid the sugar alcohols for at least the first two weeks of induction.

I'll stay on induction until I reach my 200 goal and maybe until I get to 190 if it comes along rapidly enough. I'm looking to be able to get into my old Army dress blues uniform then look for the closest event I can wear it to. My wife would just beam!

I wish you all the encouragement you need to keep on goal :thup:

sinadial
Wed, Oct-06-04, 13:09
Just popping back into this thread to thank you all for the support and kind words. I had sugar alcohol yesterday and am going to try make it through all day today without any because I really want to do this right-plus if I can make it through one day, I can make it through more.

I guess it's a bit silly to have a goal to fit into an old size 4 dress compared to the real health issues that others here are contending with, but I found that I needed something really concrete as my goal. I know I'm not overweight, but my frame is really slight and I'm carrying around too much fat around my middle. So hopefully exercise along with breaking my old habits will leave me looking lean again.

Sina

MissScruff
Sat, Oct-09-04, 12:13
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif