PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pouellette
Mon, Oct-04-04, 09:48
Hi,

I'm Phil and am brand new to the forum but not new to the low carb lifestyle. I'm 54 years old and have been low carbing since Jan 2003. I started out at 230-235 lbs and within 8 months had dropped to 190 and eventually leveled off at 195 or so where I remain today, give or take a couple pounds either way.

I followed the "Protein Power" guidelines to get where I am and I pretty much stick to the plan. I do allow myself an occasional fling. For instance I attended a family reunion two weeks ago that included a scrumptious potluck buffet that simply could not be ignored. So I ate anything and everything I wanted for that day including the cakes and other sweets. No harm was done and I enjoyed myself. I can do that once in a while as long as I understand that this will not become routine. I’m committed to the low carb lifestyle.

This past summer I've been bicycling 30-50 miles a week and really improved my cardio-vascular fitness. I recently had an annual physical (Which I was 3 years late for :)) and was a bit annoyed at my cholesterol levels: Total-220, LDL-159 & HDL-50. I expected them to be lower to tell you the truth. I am not one to be overly wound up by "cholesterol madness" so I'll see what happens in a few months. Just to go on the record, I will not take cholesterol-lowering drugs--no matter what--ever, as I believe that it's the biggest hoax ever foisted on the American people by the AMA. They won't be happy until every last one of us is on one or another "maintenance" drug for life! Of course that's only my humble opinion.

For those who are interested, if I want a snack during the day its almonds to the rescue. You can't beat them for a low carb high fiber snack. I would like to get my weight down to 185 lbs but I don't think I can do it and maintain it. My body just doesn't want to be below 190 lbs no matter what I do so it's apparent that it would be too much of a hardship to try to maintain at that level. So I guess I just stay where I can comfortably maintain my well-being. I feel good and that's all that matters.

Anyway, enough rambling form me. Hi to all of you!

4beans4me
Mon, Oct-04-04, 09:49
Hello and welcome Phil!! :wave:

Congrats on your wonderful success so far and best of luck as you continue your weight loss journey!! :thup:

angeljandy
Mon, Oct-04-04, 14:42
Welcome and good luck with your program!!!! :wave:
PS... I love almonds too, it's the perfect food!

MissScruff
Sat, Oct-09-04, 12:37
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif