PDA

View Full Version : I am sooo ready now!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tarah
Sun, Sep-23-01, 18:46
Hey everyone, this is Tarah again! I was supposed to start the new WOL on Saturday, but busting my ankle I had to wait until tomorrow, due to the fact that I could not walk to a grocery store.
I want to succeed sooo bad! I want to go home to my father at christmas and have him him say " WOW", but most importantly I want to look in the mirror and say wow!
I have also decided that instead of seeing how many pounds I have lost I am going to go by a pair of pants that I bought, that I wish to fit in...little goals...higher self esteem!

So wish me luck on having an omlet tomorrow morning!

Tarah

I hope everyone is doing well...if anyone feels like giving me some inspiration..I would love to see you stats!!!

:dazzle:

Raven
Sun, Sep-23-01, 19:36
Yay Tarah! You go girl! Tomorrow is the first day of what will be the best time of your life! I hope you're prepared for feeling great, not being hungry, having no more cravings, and for getting thinner at the same time. Be prepared for a few sickly days at first though, as your body rids itself of all of those carbohydrates and carb stores. Not everyone goes through it, but I've had a friend of mine who told me she couldn't do Atkins because it made her sick. It didn't make her sick, it was the carbohydrates saying goodbye! So therefore I like to warn people so they'll understand that it's normal. BUT after that's all over with, it's smooooth sailing.

Good idea about not using the scale! I've been advocating that for a while. I use my jeans too. And actually today, I put on my favorite pair of jeans and they were practically falling off. Another week or so and I'm going to have to wear a belt with them. I've only lost 12 lbs according to the scale, but I FEEL so much skinnier and fantastic besides. It seems the more I'm into this WOL, the less I'm concerned about weight loss. Just this feeling of well-being and happiness is overriding any other standard diet thinking.

Sooo anyways.... I know you are going to do great, and enjoy that omlette tomorrow! Don't forget also to drink PLENTY of water. You're going to lose a lot of water at first when you go into ketosis so you're going to need a lot to replace it and to flush out all that bad stuff.

Hope to hear about your successes soon!

http://www.ukobservers.net/cwm/contrib/anym/nike.gif

Atriana
Mon, Sep-24-01, 08:47
I hope your first day is going well. This is a great board, you will like it here. Have you started a journal in the journal's section. It really helps a lot.