PDA

View Full Version : Newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kwikdraw
Sat, Oct-02-04, 03:31
Hello everyone,

Two days ago I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic. I am 47 years old and overweight (big surprise). I have just started researching low carb diets and lifestyles, so any help would be appreciated. Also, does anyone have first hand knowledge or experience with a product called "Glucobetic"?

taming
Sat, Oct-02-04, 05:33
Hi Kwikdraw.

I was diagnosed three days before starting Atkins. This is the plan my doctor recommended. I am not familiar with Glucobetic. I am on two prescription medications, Avandia and Alti-Metformin, which is called Glucophage in the US. I am hoping to be able to stop the medication when my weight comes down.

Welcome to the boards!

MISSRED197
Sat, Oct-02-04, 07:23
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

:cheer: :Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer:

You are in the right place for support and motivation!!!

Best of luck!!!

Hugs~

MissScruff
Sat, Oct-02-04, 12:34
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

I do know I have a cousin who follows a low carb type lifestyle and it has really helped. I wish I could offer more help. Do a search on this site and find others that have or are going through what you are. Best of luck.