PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

THamilton
Thu, Sep-30-04, 22:37
Hello. My name is Tonya and I have just started the journey to a better life style. Growing up I was always thin till now. I am 24,5'2 and really over weight. I recently went to the doctor who recommend the low carb diet. I have seen other people do it with really wonderful results. I hope that I can do it to. My goal is to lose about 100 pounds... Yes a 100.. The weight that I have put on only took me a year to do, so I hope that it does not take long than that to take off. I am not real familiar with all the do's and don’ts of it all yet, so I all the help I can get will be much appreciated..

Tonya.. :wave:

NWatson
Thu, Sep-30-04, 23:07
:wave: Hi Tonya!

All the information can be overwhelming when you first start out or start learning about it. I'm doing the Atkins diet, and though I plan to read most of the books, if not all, I found it easier to start with 'The Atkins Essentials'. It's basically a condensed version that gives you the basics and helps you get started without all the scientific reasoning/facts behind it.

You can pick this book up at most book stores. I bought mine at Wal-Mart for a little less than $6.

There's a lot of information here to help you learn about it, it just may take a while to find everything. I joined yesterday and have been reading non-stop and still haven't even scratched the surface.

Having the facts in front of you in book form is sometimes easier, and you can always use the books for reference once you've started the new way of eating.

I've found out really quick that if you have questions, there is always someone willing to help you out and give you answers, or at least point you in the right direction.

Reading one... or all of the books is certainly a good step!

Hope this was a little helpful!

Welcome, and best of luck!!!! :)

Nonnie

zedneser
Fri, Oct-01-04, 07:06
Hi Tonya,
Welcome.
It looks like you haven't selected which Low carb plan you wish to follow (if you're going to follow one) though you did read a Dr. Atkins book.
Here's a link that compares the different Low carb plans: Plan Comparisons (http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/index.html)

I had a 100 pounds to lose too. I am almost half way to goal. You might want to check out the Triple Digits Club. There are lots of wonderful people there with 100+ pounds to lose.

Best of luck!

4beans4me
Fri, Oct-01-04, 07:13
Hello and welcome Tonya! Best of luck! :yay:

angeljandy
Fri, Oct-01-04, 09:40
Hi Tanya..it's wonderful for you to join us! I understand about losing lots of weight, I myself have 90 lbs to lose and it can be intimidating! I've already lost 10 and hopefully more to come.
Welcome and good luck with your program!