PDA

View Full Version : Restarting induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ljw32
Mon, Sep-27-04, 13:02
HI- I am Lisa, 32, 176 lbs. My friend and I are doing Atkins together. I started in June and have lost 30 lbs. I have been fluctuating between 176-180 for about a month. We tried superfoods for a change but after the first 2 days I felt it was not restrictive enough and had a really hard time making myself eat OATMEAL! We then decided to restart induction to kick start the weight loss again! We both can't wait to get the feeling of energy and power! She has been on it since January and also lost 30 lbs- but not as good at staying on low carb the last few months. We have been exercising 5 days/wk since June- The Firm- weight training and cardio. Much of my cheating is due to my telling myself- at least I exercised! So- I am back to the strictness today. I actually started on Friday but then my husband made an apple pie with real sugar and white flour crust and bought real ice cream- so I had a piece with ice cream and then had the last 3 bites of my son's piece (wouldn't want to waste it-right :yum: ) as a last hurrah! Anyway- today I am living on Deviled eggs so far and am having meat loaf for dinner- I will modify my portion but use oatmeal for the rest of the family. I did have success on the fat fast last time my weight stuck- so I am modifying it a little and allowing more food but still trying to keep it pretty much zero carbs. I am going to start a journal and have already steered my friend here so she will get excited again!
Lisa

katmutti
Mon, Sep-27-04, 13:14
Welcome back to the fold Lisa! You'll do great!

Dumbletore
Mon, Sep-27-04, 13:16
I'm starting back my self best of lick

Dumbletore
Mon, Sep-27-04, 13:16
sorry, ment to be best of Luck

4beans4me
Mon, Sep-27-04, 16:05
Hello and welcome! :wave:

Liv2Big
Mon, Sep-27-04, 17:07
HAAA!!! :lol: LISA!!
I was reading your post and going OMG wow does she sound just like us or what!!! I was so ready to leave this huge post when it finally dawned on me!! HOW FUNNY!!! Im cracking up. :lol: What a blonde moment.
Talk to ya in the morning.
Liv

ljw32
Tue, Sep-28-04, 09:11
I made it through day 1- :D - had a brief moment wantng some apple pie last night but avoided it. Today I had a low carb shake for breakfast and am planning a spinach salad for lunch. Today I am in classes all day- began at 7am- until 3pm- so that will help my temptations. Planning a pork loin roast for dinner. I am attempting this induction w/o cheese or cream. By the way- anyone know why no cheese or cream? The book says 3-4 oz/day.
Lisa

MissScruff
Wed, Sep-29-04, 00:49
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

ArkyMom
Wed, Sep-29-04, 04:47
Hello and I wish you more luck on your continued journeys!

This is the place to be for support and questions!

nikkil
Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:32
who said no cream or cheese??

They should have their tongue cut out, IMO (and roasted over a pit - hey it would be low carb, too, wouldn't it??) :lol: :lol:

Seriously, Dr. A says 'yes to cheese and cream so go ahead and enjoy it as long as you don't have an allergy, of course ;) It stalls SOME people but unless you run into trouble, aren't losing and need to 'tweak' the plan I would definitely keep the dairy in your diet :yum: :yum: :yum:

angeljandy
Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:36
Welcome and good luck with your program!

ljw32
Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:49
well- on to day 3- lost 3 lbs! I had a little cheese on my broccolli last night! I figured if I make sure to keep it to the 3-4 oz allowed I'd be ok. I think I was just thinking- no carbs-load up on it!
Thanks all!

MISSRED197
Wed, Sep-29-04, 08:28
Hi & welcome to the forum!!

:Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer: :Party:

You are in the right place for support and motivation!!!

Best of luck!!

Hugs~