PDA

View Full Version : sugar free ice cream

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mikehe
Sat, Sep-25-04, 16:38
Hello I have had good results with atkins but once a month I go out for a small icecream. The place I go to has sugar free ice cream. How many carbs are in sugar free icecream is my question. thanks mikehe

MISSRED197
Sat, Sep-25-04, 17:01
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum!!!!

:Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer:

You're in the right place for support and motivation!!

I think the carb count varies in each ice cream depending on the ingredients. Most of the stuff I buy (Kemps Carb Promise-low carb, Breyers Carb Option-low carb, Ben & Jerry's-low carb & sugar free) range from 2.5 to like 6. Hope this helps!!!!

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs~

MissScruff
Sat, Sep-25-04, 20:28
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

It is really hard to break down the carb count without the ingredients. You could ask them for that information because isn't it a law to have that info on hand at all restraunts? The problem you will run into buying ice cream out like that is the chemicals used in the stuff! You could make your own ice cream or buy a small container from the store that has all the indredients listed. Sorry I am of no help. I am looking forward to having ice cream again someday but will probably make it myself because of all the stuff they put in it. Is it even real ice cream?