PDA

View Full Version : New here...can't believe I'm posting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MystAngel
Wed, Sep-22-04, 13:57
hey all,
I told myself back in January that I wouldn't be posting on any sites, to get encouragement or to say how I'm doing...I thought it was...well, my fat was my own, and I didn't want anyone to know what I weighed, etc.

*sigh* it's getting really hard to stay on this path to reach my goal. I've lost 57 lbs, with 50 to go or so..and I feel just as fat and ugly as I did when I started. I have a good day or two and then just feel ugly again.

I have dropped two sizes, and the clothes look better, but umm....in my birthday suit, I feel pretty scary.

Just need some support I guess....will I ever get there? where do I find the motivation to continue when it's so dang slow to get there?....

Built
Wed, Sep-22-04, 14:08
Hi, welcome and congrats!

The weight comes off mostly from diet, but we'll have to get you moving to fix up the birthday suit problem. You're halfway to your goal! Good job!

Pokeineye
Wed, Sep-22-04, 14:47
Hi, my stats are similar to yours and I feel the same way. Some days I just want to give up, then I realize that I am about half way there, it took years to put on all the weight, and it will take time to take it off, BUT it is comming off. I have a pair of my pants that I wore at my highest weight, when I feel a discouraged I put them on and watch them fall off. Stick with it, you can do it and so can I.

MissScruff
Wed, Sep-22-04, 20:33
http://teacher2k.com/hello-tag01.gif

Whenever you feel discouraged just come here and read what others that are going through the same thing have to say! It really has helped me!