PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Asylum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BillT
Fri, Sep-21-01, 11:04
I already started posting on the Daily Low-Carber before I realized there was an Introductions forum. I guess you can get all the info I was willing to add from my Profile. Suffice it to add that I am came to this board seeking “politically-incorrect asylum”. I have also, as an complimentary introduction relocated the following 31 low-carb recipes of mine to the Low-Carb Kitchen:

Main dishes
Medallions of Cod with White Ginger Butter
Fricassée of Poularde in Light Sauce
Seafood Sauerkraut
Whiting Fillet Rolls
Chicken Roasted in a Salt Crust
Tilapia in a Low-Carb Crust
Gratin of Oysters in Spinach
Provençal Minced Meat
Lobster Gratin
Fish Waterzooï
Fillets of Whiting with Capers and Walnuts
Half-split Roasted Chicken
Pan-fried Salmon with Vegetable Ratatouille
Grilled Swordfish with Spanish Olive Relish
Skate Wings with Leek Fondue
Mussels Steamed in White Wine
Osso Bucco dello Struzzo
Beef Fillet in Madeira
Fan of Poultry in Mushrooms
Chicken Breasts with Charmoula

Vegetables and side dishes
Emincé of Avocado in Chervil Cream
Spring Stuffed Avocados
Grilled Eggplant with Ricotta
Turkish Eggplant Salad
Three Peppers Terrine of Fresh Chèvre
Eggplant with Cheese
Oysters in Cucumber Jelly
Puffy Blue Cheese Omelet
Stuffed Spanish Olives

Sweet treats
Lemon Mousse
Rhubarb Custard
Chocolate and Walnuts Squares

Enjoy! http://www.plauder-smilies.com/person/chef.gif

debbiedobson
Fri, Sep-21-01, 11:20
while you're here bill, i'd like to officially welcome you. welcome aboard bill! :wave: i've been reading through your recipes bill. thank you so much for posting them all! that's a lot of work! you're a keeper!:wink:

tamarian
Fri, Sep-21-01, 11:57
Holy sensory-overload Batman!!!! Thanks for sharing your recipes, BillT.

Every low-carber now days is considered politically incorrrect. ;)

Wa'il

Karen
Fri, Sep-21-01, 12:21
Let's hope the asylum you came to is the right one!

Karen

Lara
Fri, Sep-21-01, 13:20
Many thanks for the recipes. I have used several from the site already and am looking forward to trying some of yours. Variety is the spice of life, right?
Cheers,
Lara
:thup:

Bez
Fri, Sep-21-01, 14:42
:wave: Hi Bill,

Thought you were a long time member when I started this week so apologies and welcome too. I've been looking at some of your recipe's in the low carb kitchen and they look good to me.

I'm not a great cook but I'm going to have a go at the chocolate squares, if I can find somewhere that does stavia (Is that the 'safe' sugar substitute) and does anyone know if you can get it in England anywhere?

Anyway Bill happy browsing,

Bez

:wiggle: :wiggle:

DawnJ
Fri, Sep-21-01, 14:55
Thanks for sharing all of these recipes, Bill. I can't wait to give 'em a whirl!http://www.plauder-smilies.com/person/cheering.gif

BillT
Sat, Sep-22-01, 13:27
Originally posted by debbiedobson:
You're a keeper! ;)Wow! What a coicidence! I just happen to available! :p (PS: Happy Birthday!)
Originally posted by Karen:
Let's hope the asylum you came to is the right one!Uh! Oh! You mean, this is not the deranged chefs board? :confused:
Originally posted by DawnJ:
Thanks for sharing all of these recipes, Bill. I can't wait to give 'em a whirl! Bon appétit! :)

Karen
Sat, Sep-22-01, 13:38
Uh! Oh! You mean, this is not the deranged chefs board?

No, it's the re-arranged chefs board!

Karen

BillT
Sat, Sep-22-01, 15:40
Originally posted by Karen
No, it's the re-arranged chefs board!Moi pas comprendre… :confused:

Karen
Sat, Sep-22-01, 16:19
You know, bodily rearrangement.

Karen

doreen T
Sat, Sep-22-01, 16:24
Here, I thought you meant something more esoteric, like intellectual rearrangement ... since most of us are struggling to undo decades of lowFAT thinking.

:doah:

Doreen

r.mines
Sat, Sep-22-01, 16:44
Well, speaking only for myself, mind you, I was going to go along with the 'deranged' bit, but take a pass on the 'chef.' But wait - can a chef be 'deranged'? Does not a chef need a range, or at least some kind of stovetop?

Home on derange?

I confused now. :help:

aRhcle (rearrage these letters into a common word or saying)

Karen
Sat, Sep-22-01, 18:35
aRhcle says Rachel. Do I win a prize?

Here, I thought you meant something more esoteric, like intellectual rearrangement

That works too. Mental, spiritual, psychic...

neraK

r.mines
Sat, Sep-22-01, 21:45
Originally posted by Karen
aRhcle says Rachel. Do I win a prize?
neraK

Yes.....One visit from the hWosoh raiFy, coming right up!:angel: a

leRhc

PS: Is this redngade enuff for you, lBli? ;)

BillT
Sun, Sep-23-01, 23:16
Originally posted by Karen:
You know, bodily rearrangementhttp://plauder-smilies.com/eek2.gif Oh! That rearrangement! Ahem! Well, thank you for clarifying your, errrr…… position of the subject. Not that I dislike this kind of “rearrangement” though.

r.mines
Mon, Sep-24-01, 10:05
Wow. Have I ever lost the thread here. I'm still trying to figure out what gardening has to do with this (rearrange 'redngade'). Guess we really ARE deranged, in all senses of the word! Goody - my favourite kind of people!

Rachel

Karen
Mon, Sep-24-01, 14:13
Gardening? I thought this was the Shopping Channel thread! I better put on my tinfoil hat again...

aKenr

Tazmani77
Tue, Sep-25-01, 10:19
I'm new here too. Bill I really needed some new recipes. This WOL was getting a little old for me then I ran up on your post. Thanks! :thup:

BillT
Wed, Sep-26-01, 01:18
Originally posted by Tazmani77:
Bill I really needed some new recipes. This WOL was getting a little old for me then I ran up on your post. Thanks!Well Taz, I’m glad I rejuvenated your WOL:
http://www.animfactory.com/animations/food/kitchen/frypan_fire_md_clr.gif
Keep your pan hot!

europoz
Sat, Sep-29-01, 00:51

BillT
Mon, Oct-01-01, 21:04
Originally posted by europoz
Toi demander l'asile au Canada, avoue que ça ne manque pas de piquant, non? The irony is not lost on me. :o