PDA

View Full Version : Kinda new, Kinda not.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ArkyMom
Mon, Sep-20-04, 03:46
I was here about a year ago, trying atkins. Shortly after starting it, I found out I was pregnant. Just had the baby July 7, and now I'm wanting to get going on this again.

I've read both atkins and south beach and feel that atkins will work better for me.

I'm the mom of 3. A 10 year old daughter, 6 year old step son and 11 week old daughter.

I work 3rd shift, from 8pm to 4am as a production accountant just one minute from home, and keep the baby during the day while my husband works.

I'm going to try to start at the gym in October, and if that falls thru, then I will be getting a tread mill to exercise with.

Any and all advice is appreciated! Gonna try to find my fitday info now!

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Wish me luck! I want to lose about 142 lbs in all! I weigh 287 now. My first goal is 250, then 200, then 175, then 145.

Michelle

BlitzedAng
Mon, Sep-20-04, 05:09
Welcome back Arky and I wish you all the best :) Congrats on the new addition too.

Angel

Lesle
Mon, Sep-20-04, 06:13
Hi and Welcome!
Keep up your positive attitude, and you'll do fine!
Good luck to you.
Lesle

ArkyMom
Mon, Sep-20-04, 15:42
Thank you both for the warm welcome!

I just hope my husband is ready for this. He said I was a total crab last time I started it LOL

BTW, how do I put my signature out? Do I have to have a certain number of posts first?

Michelle

Maverick65
Mon, Sep-20-04, 15:50
Yes you do, about 30 i think, then you have to wait a day and it'll be activated :)

TDavis
Mon, Sep-20-04, 15:52
Hi and Welcome back!! :wave: