PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Breasts with Charmoula

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BillT
Fri, Sep-21-01, 02:21
Charmoula is a basic North-African marinade for foods whether fried, stuffed, baked, barbecued or cooked in tagines. Chermoula may be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge in a jar.
Ingredients for 4 persons: 4 chicken boned and skinned breasts, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice (5 ECC), 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (.4 ECC), 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, 3 minced cloves garlic (2.7 ECC), 1/2 tablespoon paprika (1.2 ECC), 1 teaspoon cumin (.7 ECC), 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (.1 ECC), black pepper to taste.
Preparation: Mince the garlic and blend it with the spices until finely minced in food processor. Add the lemon juice and pulse in. Slowly pour the olive oil in with machine running just until fully incorporated. Rub the chicken breasts with 1/2 of the charmoula and marinate 1 to 4 hours. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet large enough to hold the chicken breasts. Sauté them until they are browned on both sides, and the juices run clear when pricked with a fork. Serve with extra charmoula over the top.
Total ECC: 10.1; per person: 2.5 ECC.

wimpy78233
Sat, Oct-06-01, 03:26
wow that sounds good.you got it going on with some of these recipes :cheer:

Netters
Mon, Apr-14-03, 17:08
Hey, thanks for all the inventive main dishes.

Nan

P.S. I've heard skate wings taste like scallops. Even though that sounds delicious, in my entire life I have never seen them for sale anywhere. =D