PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PINK091469
Wed, Sep-15-04, 09:13
I NEED HELP.. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT MY WILLPOWER SUCKS
I WANT TO STAY ON A LOW CARB BUT I GET TEMPTED WITH CARBS AND LIKE A DRUG ADDICT I CANT'T STOP.. I HAVE DONE THIS DIET BEFORE AND LOST OVER 50 LBS BUT I ATE THIS AND THEN THAT. NEXT THING I KNEW I PUT OVER 50LBS AGAIN.. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTIONS ON BEING SUCCESSFUL AND COMMITTED ON THIS LIFE STYLE OR HOW DO YOU EAT CARBS BUT GET BACK ON TRACTundefined

orchidday
Wed, Sep-15-04, 09:36
The best advice I could give you is to practice "one day at a time". This really is a hard thing to do, I struggle with sweets all the time. But you just have to psyche yourself out and try to make TODAY the best low-carb, exercise day that you can. It does get easier the longer you do it, but you really have to cut those carbs to get rid of the cravings. You can do it! You lost 50 pounds before, so if you can get some of that drive back, you can do it again!

Orchid

csoar2004
Wed, Sep-15-04, 10:03
I NEED HELP.. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT MY WILLPOWER SUCKS
I WANT TO STAY ON A LOW CARB BUT I GET TEMPTED WITH CARBS AND LIKE A DRUG ADDICT I CANT'T STOP.. I HAVE DONE THIS DIET BEFORE AND LOST OVER 50 LBS BUT I ATE THIS AND THEN THAT. NEXT THING I KNEW I PUT OVER 50LBS AGAIN.. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTIONS ON BEING SUCCESSFUL AND COMMITTED ON THIS LIFE STYLE OR HOW DO YOU EAT CARBS BUT GET BACK ON TRACTundefined Seems to me, you need to re-evaluate your reasons for weightloss. Make a list of what you hope to accomplish. I attended a lecture recently and it was the presenter's contention that we don't want to lose weight (it's a negative goal) but rather, we want to be healthy/slender (a positive goal).
It's easier to move toward a positive (size 8, say) than it is a negative (lose 5 pounds).
Post your list of reasons for shedding weight around the house (inside and outside cupboards, on bathroom mirror, etc.). Remind yourself that NOTHING tastes as good as slender feels!! :D :thup: ;)
And wrap your mind around this: your current lifestyle/eating habits is a recipe for a fat unhealthy life. In order to succeed at weightloss:

You MUST change your lifestyle/eating patterns. :idea: :idea:

(make this a lightbulb moment :thup: ) You DESERVE a long, healthy, slender life. Promise yourself this reward.

best wishes!

Lesle
Wed, Sep-15-04, 14:52
My best advice would be to stick to good healthy WHOLE foods, and don't get suckered in to the so-caled low carb ice creams, breads etc. SOME people seem to handle them ok, but for a lot of us, myself included, they just make us crave the real thing! And it's hard to resist those cravings. BUT if you stick faithfullly to induction or OWL foods, the cravings are kept to a minmum and YOU will feel much more in control!
Good luck to you!
Lesle

LilaCotton
Wed, Sep-15-04, 15:54
Hello! Twelve months ago my food controlled me. Today I control my food. I've found one thing that has helped me immensely is the fact that I now eat the foods my body has always wanted but been denied, the good protein and fats we've been steered away from for years. Because my body needed those two things and they kept being withheld I became a carb junkie. Yes, once in a while I'm tempted to eat something I shouldn't but I know in the long run I need to pass it up and eat the right thing. Fortunately that gets easier and easier all the time. When I'm in town and needing a snack I walk by the doughnuts and grab a small packet of nuts or cheese stick. When I'm having fast food my first thought may be the french fries, but I know the only reason I want them is because I'm hungry and instead order a burger with no bun or a salad, and in the end my body is much happier than if I had stuffed it with a bunch of carbage. It takes time and some stubborness, but this way of eating helps itself along the way. :)

PINK091469
Thu, Sep-16-04, 08:02
I would like to thank everyone for immediate replies to my current situation. I will give all I have to approaching my life and diet(oops.. not diet, my new eating lifestyle) a 100%. I will accept that I will entering a step program just like any other addict. I appreaciate I have recovering support that has been down the road I'm now traveling...

4beans4me
Thu, Sep-16-04, 14:52
You CAN do it Pink!! :yay: