PDA

View Full Version : new to low carbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mertracy
Tue, Sep-14-04, 21:00
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the low carb scene...I found Dr S's book through womentowomen.com. So along with the new foodplan, I'm also using their supplements and progesterone cream.

I have to say that after four days I feel great. A couple of months ago I stopped working to go to school, and gained 10# overnight. I freaked out and tried a low fat/low calorie diet a la Body for Life, but after about a month I was depressed and exhausted--and I didn't loose any weight!! When I read her book and saw the food plan I cried. A foodplan that includes butter?? and Cheese?? I'm not finding it hard to stick to, just hard to believe that I can actually loose weight this way.

I'd be very interested to hear others' experiences with Dr Schwarzbein's Healing Program.

Love and Light,

Tracy

LilaCotton
Tue, Sep-14-04, 21:11
Welcome! I'm not following Schwarzbein, obviously, but can tell you that yes, you can definitely lose weight eating cheese and butter--and more! :)

I did the low-fat thing years ago and was lucky to take off 5 pounds, and by the time I did I'd be so hungry I was eating everything in sight. I've lost almost 30 pounds eating plenty of fat and all of those 'forbidden foods' like meats, cheeses, butters, etc., and have not one time been hungry in the process. :)

4beans4me
Tue, Sep-14-04, 21:23
Hello and welcome Tracy! :wave:

clavicula
Wed, Sep-15-04, 00:48
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage12/17.gif
Great that you are here!