PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RobinL
Tue, Sep-14-04, 10:18
Hi, I am new here. I had Diabetise when I was pregnant and now I just found out that I am boarder line. I am over weight so I now that is the reason I find myself at a point I never thought I would be at. So now I have to find ways to slim down. Problem number one: I work full time I get up at 4:30 am and dont get home until 6:00 pm. so I dont have a lot of time to do the things I should do, like eat right and excerise. I need to Help in finding easy things to make for dinner. Any help would be appreciated!!

Robin

nikotyme
Tue, Sep-14-04, 10:40
Hi Robin and welcome to the forum.

I think the first thing you need to do is find a weight loss plan that you think could work for you. Then read the book, the whole thing, if you don't like it then find another and another until you find one that will be suitable for you, but you have to find a plan first and find out how it works.

If it is a low carb program then chances are someone on this forum will have heard about it or better yet be on it themselves and at that point can offer advice and suggestions.

The amount of success a person has on their chosen program is wholly dependant on the amount of effort they put into it, if you follow the program faithfully, it will reward you by working really well and make you lose the weight you want to lose.

Best of luck to you.

4beans4me
Tue, Sep-14-04, 10:55
Hello Robin and best of luck to you! :wave:

clavicula
Wed, Sep-15-04, 00:50
Welcome, and I wish you great success!
Liv

mertracy
Thu, Sep-16-04, 06:19
Hi Robin--

I'm new too, and I know what you mean about getting up early and getting home late--I have a similar sked. I've found that what works for me is to cook my proteins over the weekend--grill some chicken, roast some pork loin--whatever it is you like and then just use it throughout the week. This really cuts down on the prep time, and helps to plan out meals in advance. Also it helps me to cut down on potential excuses--"i dont' have time", "there's nothing to eat here so I'll just stop off and get something..." you know? And I make my lunch for the next day at the same time I'm cooking dinner--sort of a two for the effort of one...

anyways, I hope this helps...Take care and keep going!! :) Tracy